Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stupid Asmus showing me up lol

Lol. When I was scrolling down the posts and saw your picture I thought I haven't tried to have both hands hold the sword I might need to do that . . . and then I saw their photo with the mace.

Right now mine has the mace in one hand and the flame sword raised up high in the other. I like the non-flame sword better but I let my kids decide and to them a sword is cool but a sword on fire now that is awesome.

Awww thanks guy! Lol. I actually want to try that mace pose now too. I've had mine with the double handed sword pose for a long while now.

How easy was it to get both hands on the sword? I broke a figure once a long time ago trying to do that so I have haven't tried since.

Relatively easy. The bottom part of the hilt popping off the sword is the only annoying part. You can't raise the arms much with them together, what I have is about what you get, but getting that wasn't scary.

Just ordered this guy, wanted one for ages. I've read a lot about water treating the clothing, how do I go about doing that? Also what HT body are you switching him to? Is it just a straight swap or any mods required? Many thanks in advance! :duff

I'm with PARAMOREMCR88...I need to know which HT body to switch too and any useful mods to do to the body to make this one ROCK! I have had figure for several months, but still haven't opened him up!

1901265_10151882288086968_218205440_n.jpg

Whoa. I may have to steal this pose.

Just ordered this guy, wanted one for ages. I've read a lot about water treating the clothing, how do I go about doing that? Also what HT body are you switching him to? Is it just a straight swap or any mods required? Many thanks in advance! :duff

I'm with PARAMOREMCR88...I need to know which HT body to switch too and any useful mods to do to the body to make this one ROCK! I have had figure for several months, but still haven't opened him up!

I'm not sure how many are actually switching it to a TT. I know at least one person did and I personally didn't like it. He's a tall figure with a lot of armor and putting him on a shorter TT just doesn't look right. That's just me.

@ Geb. Take him out of the box and see of he even needs a new body. He may not be as bad as you expect. Mine can hold both weapons in the air.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Water treating the clothes is very straight forward - you just stick the figure fully dressed under the tap, soak it, futz the robes how you want them and leave it to dry. Other people have just used a spray bottle to get the desired level of wetness. As far as a body swap is concerned, the main problem is with the torso length - a standard TT is too short, so what some people have done is to extend the torso using a bit of metal tube; there is a tutorial on how to do this earlier in the thread. I achieved the same result by frankensteining a body from various parts. I had an old EB Leon body which has a very long torso, and I used this with the WK legs.

Thanks for the info guys, I shan't worry about a body swap but will give him the water treatment. :duff

Love that pose too, shall be borrowing it!

Pretty satisfied with the figure. Just have to futz it.

The sleeves are bulky, but hoping I can futz it down. I don't like the sleeveless look. It's inaccurate... his bicep armor should be covered in sleeves.

Happy to report I was able to get my pre-order refund from the now defunct Super Power Collectibles store. Sadly, the fire I originally once had for this figure has been extinguished and my sights are now set elsewhere on other pieces.

Are there different batches of this figure that have better bodies? I'm really tempted to get it, but hearing all the issues makes me hesitant...

I'm a little late to the game. Any suggestions for the best price to buy this now? I know BBTS has it or $160, but I have to pay tax there, in addition to shipping, so thought I may do better elsewhere...

Back