Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opened up my Witch King last night. Mani s he imposing and impressive and spikey and heavy!

Love the weathering. Look forward to futzing a bit in the coming weeks when I have the time. My biggest gripe with the body is the wrists, which are extremely weak. My left shoulder is stronger than the right and can hold up the mace, but the wrist can't manage it. If they give us a real solid body for this guy, it's an absolute home run!

Just a bump to let give some info. I got an email from Super Power Collectibles stating they were closing. If you have The Witch King on order with them it looks like it's not going to happen.:monkey2. This is not a bash thread. The email stated that back orders would be refunded. Just make sure you get back what you have coming to you. In my case I paid completely and hope they follow through. I wish them the best and hope they are true to their word.

I ordered from Super Power Collectibles too. I need a new place to order, any websites have this for $160 shipped? I think that was the price SPC had.

Aw crap, I had both WK and Gothmog on preorder with them. Got that email too. Was wondering what the delay was. Yeah, I'm looking for the cheapest in stock price too now....

Ya... the body is a shock...
totally unexpected,
we are working on our own body now, hopefully we can fix it once and for all.

I love the figure overall, I really do. It just limits my posing options quite a bit as it is now.

If a new body comes, will there be a way for people who aren't planning to buy Gothmog to get it?

picture.php

My first non star wars purchase.....I've got a soft spot for armoured figures. This figure is awesome!! He has some issues with floppy joints but the overall aesthetics are really great. I found out that the lowerarm armour has two little protrusions. If you shove the armour down, these protrusions hold the wrist joint. If you look careful you see the mace hanging above the ground, although I've would have liked the shoulder joints to be tighter. I did the water treatment but I'm not satisfied so guess he could use another shower. The metal helmet sold me and it gives the figure a real high-end collectable feel. I'm excited that Asmus is up there with Sideshow and Hot toys (= opinion) and I'm looking forward to their future endeavours!

FD

I finally got mine today. Initial thoughts are it's going to be an awesome figure. Going to take me a while to complete him though.

The body is complete junk. The shoulders on mine were so bad that you couldn't raise the arms up by his sides without them falling right back down. That's with nothing at all in the hands.

I stripped him down to his torso to see what I could do with the shoulders. Not looking forward to reattaching the belt. I loosened the screws at the shoulders and pulled the arms out.

I poked a hole through the center of a small thin piece of rubber and put the shoulder peg through that and reattached the arm. Rubber is about .02-.03 thick. Now instead of the joint being plastic on plastic the rubber at the joint gives it some resistance.

That's as far as I've gotten so far. The shoulder is definitely better now than it was before. May try to find a different kind of rubber before I redress him.

So the Witch King of Angmar flew in today.

My first impressions are a bit muted TBH.
There's some amazing detail, and the figure looks quite impressive, but the body is such a mess...
The proportions are quite awful, the taped legs, one arm is terrible loose at the shoulder... it just takes away from what should be a fantastic figure.

I'm too tired tonight (after putting together and oggling the two KP Romans that arrived at the same time - amazing figures), so I'll leave for tomorrow to have a proper go at futzing the Witch King and deciding how to get him up to standards.

I still haven't water treated mine, just meased with the robes as is, but this guy has been on my bedside table for over a week and I'm nowhere near sick of seeing him there.

Soaked him up last night and started futzing a bit this morning.
While he's starting to look better, the underlying issues remain. As I said, this one will take careful consideration as to how to make it reach its potential.
I am a bit disappointed with the paint apps in the sword though, very very basic.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

Last edited:
Finally opened our figure (my brother and I) and I was fairly impressed for a debut figure. Admittedly, I'm not a LOTR FANATIC but I am a fan. So I am not sure how much of this figure is not screen accurate but I thought it was done pretty well.

...but...one of the prongs on the helmet came off and the right shoulder armor had a crack in it that eventually snapped in two pieces.

That put a damper on my excitement...and the electrical tape on the body sucks too.

What is the best body to replace this with?
What have you guys used?

need a better body for this guy
have a loose arm, so i cant pose this wk as what i want
Just in case neither one of you are aware. The representative from Asmus said that they will be replacing this body with one of their own. The only problem is the last I heard it is supposed to ship with Gothmog. It is a less than ideal remedy but better than some companies will do so:dunno. As far as tightening up the shoulder refer to my last post. What I did seemed to do a decent job but I haven't even put it back together yet to see if he can hold his weapons or not.

Yeah, I remember about Asmus' offer (which I find a great gesture, BTW), but I'm not too interested in Gothmog.
I suppose one could get either a regular KP body (I have several of their figures and loose bodies and they all have perfectly tight joints) or a Hot Toys body, since they are compatible.
I was just wondering what people here who have switched bodies have been using, and what their recommendations would be.

Incidentally, how hard is it to undress and redress the figure?

Incidentally, how hard is it to undress and redress the figure?
It was a pain to undress him and I think it's going to be a royal pita to redress him. Have to be honest. When I first took him out of the box and both arms dangled uselessly by his side it really killed my excitement. I know they feel bad about it but the body to me is an absolute failure. I haven't been able to bring myself to do anything with it since I "fixed" the shoulders.

got mine... over all i REALLY like him, but he is not without issue.
The articulated sasuage hands just look bad. but he'[s got plenty fixed pose ones, so that's fine.

and the joints... ugh. Do we know what figure will include the replacement body?

Back