Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing good as it is are the ankle joints.
- HT wrist pegs are too small, so I used SSC sewed ones (they have a fatter pin).
- Neck ball joint is too deep in the chest (or better, you should use a longer neck) so I replaced it with longer a screw-nut combo to avoid the turtleneck.
- Arms, forearms and legs are a bit skinny, so I padded them, while the tights are fatter, so I needed to dremel them down.

You mean legs too short? Yes for the size of the leg armor (which was oversized even for the original body), no for the overall proportion (helm size, hands and arms size, sword size).
Also the length of the leg part is approximately the same (the knees are free and bendable behind the guards) because the extra height was added to the tights. :)

Edit: sorry for the double post...the pic went somehow in the quick reply field.

Last edited:
DSC_0248_zps5813de18.jpg

Ported the WK to a Hot Toys TT. He lost some height but I find it better proportioned now. The joints are obviously much better but still the mace is too heavy to be hold in the air!
IMG_2071_zpscc4fad99.jpg

IMG_2074_zps3d48fec0.jpg

Yeah that totally makes the legs look too long. If I were to do anything I would extend the torso. I am not touching mine, but I did see someone port it over to a sideshow vader body with amazing results.

You mean legs too short? Yes for the size of the leg armor (which was oversized even for the original body), no for the overall proportion (helm size, hands and arms size, sword size).
Also the length of the leg part is approximately the same (the knees are free and bendable behind the guards) because the extra height was added to the tights. :)

Edit: sorry for the double post...the pic went somehow in the quick reply field.

Sorry , yeah meant leg armour

...before I set him up and wet his cloth I just hadda put him on the bike...It was begging for it

Last edited:
"Hey man how the hell do ya ride this thing with the low seat?"..."You get used to it, plus it helps if your not freakin like 7 feet tall wearing that armour. Nice Sword bro." "Thanks man. Man I would love to take this to Mordor." "Well, ask your boss if it's ok. What was his name again? Sogan?" " It's Sauron and anyway great bike. Thumbs up dude." "Thanks."

Last edited:
Whatever happened to The Josh? I thought he was going to post pictures a couple days ago? Curious what his experience is like.

Sorry, I missed this WG. Mine is still in the box actually. I know he's gonna take some time to mess with and I just haven't felt like it. I did check the figure a little and he seems pretty cool. He'll look great set up with my other LOTR 1:6 figures.

Get to it, Josh! :) He's actually a lot of fun to futz because the messier the better.

My biggest disappointment are the ankles... they're not real loose but they're not real tight either -- and if there's any lean then this guy just falls right over after a few minutes. Even if balanced perfectly, I'm certain this guy will take a shelf dive unless propped with the stand or something. I don't like stands but I may have to relent with this figure. Haven't tried the superglue trick yet but that's also an option.

I love me my raggedy man though. Scary cool.

Gonna look so sick along with Gothmog -- black faceless armor against the pale sickly balrog.

Managed to fix the floppy joints more-or-less. Water treatment solved the rest. This muther requires a lot of futzing... but its fun and well worth it.

Pics look great - I still need to try the water treatment on mine.

Just curious - what do you mean when you say you fixed the floppy joints? How did you do that? Thanks in advance!

Just curious - what do you mean when you say you fixed the floppy joints? How did you do that? Thanks in advance!

Did nothing really, but I find that sometimes loose joints will stiffen over a day or two as you work the body -- not sure if the plastic expands slightly, or the weather/pressure here in Los Angeles. But I've found that many times what is loose one day is not so bad the next. The semi-loose arms stiffened up. The floppy torso got fixed when I pulled the inner shirt down further to hold it in place. The only nit left is the semi-loose ankles which I can probably sort by just standing him with one foot placed a but in front the other.

Did nothing really, but I find that sometimes loose joints will stiffen over a day or two as you work the body -- not sure if the plastic expands slightly, or the weather/pressure here in Los Angeles. But I've found that many times what is loose one day is not so bad the next. The semi-loose arms stiffened up. The floppy torso got fixed when I pulled the inner shirt down further to hold it in place. The only nit left is the semi-loose ankles which I can probably sort by just standing him with one foot placed a but in front the other.

Lol. I am in Florida so if something arrives normally it has been in a cardboard oven for at least a few hours waiting for me to get home so most of the figures I get start off loose and stiffen up once they cool down (How come I feel like there is a "that's what she said" in there somewhere?).

Looks like a great figure... I just wish I didn't have to cancel mine due to some financial troubles. I REALLY wanted this figure! :monkey2

Maybe I might pick this one up a bit later when things start looking up. :pray:

Back