Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody reported the pics. Because of the actions in the pics I choose to delete them. We've had to delete and have a member delete pics in their collection thread that were of a similar nature. Not to mention we're trying to get Asmus to stay involved with these threads. Not sure those kinds of pics would help to be honest.

Fair enough. Like I said, I never saw the pics so I really have no idea how rude they were. :duff

Nobody reported the pics. Because of the actions in the pics I choose to delete them. We've had to delete and have a member delete pics in their collection thread that were of a similar nature. Not to mention we're trying to get Asmus to stay involved with these threads. Not sure those kinds of pics would help to be honest.

That's fair. Though I don't know where Asmus is based, if it's outside the US, most countries aren't as puritanical as ours ;)

But you never know how people will respond to things and we do want them involved, because we want their excellence in design to trascend to body manufacturing! They've gone so far up the hill to becoming a top 1/6 company with Witch King, they just need to go that extra step to secure a position atop the mountain!.... Mordor?

When I first joined this board I thought I was too argumentative. I realize now that others are way more argumentative than I am. I'm a pacifist compared to some of you.

ETA And while I'm posting, I would like to reiterate, where in the hell are any updates Asmus?

It has been all quiet since the first outcry about the Witch King body. Curious what's going on.

As for argumentiveness, and here I was trying really hard to be respectful and tone down by usual combativeness lol.

...Edit: I guess I should check in this thread more often. Please don't post stupid pictures of these figures humping another figure. Next time infractions will be handed out. :duff

Get your mind out of the gutter! :lecture I saw the pics in question and I just assumed Barbie was choking and the Morgul Lord was performing the Heimlich maneuver. :dunno :lol

...It's also interesting to note that had I posted a picture of the Witch king stabbing Barbie in the chest with his sword, or caving her face in with his mace, there wouldn't be a problem with it...

I have less of a problem displaying a Berserker statue holding a severed head than I do displaying an almost naked Vampirella statue. How stupid is that? Probably has to do with having two daughters.

I just got mine. Gorgeously sculpted figure, let down by a terrible base body. Futzed it for more than an hour and that's when I experienced what everyone who's already got this on hand said about the body. Really, really frustrating -- shoulders can't support the arms itself I didn't even try to make the figure hold its sword up, and the knees keep bending on its own.

Asking us to get a Gothmog just so we can upgrade our Witch Kings is an unacceptable idea. So disappointing.

I just got mine. Gorgeously sculpted figure, let down by a terrible base body. Futzed it for more than an hour and that's when I experienced what everyone who's already got this on hand said about the body. Really, really frustrating -- shoulders can't support the arms itself I didn't even try to make the figure hold its sword up, and the knees keep bending on its own.

Asking us to get a Gothmog just so we can upgrade our Witch Kings is an unacceptable idea. So disappointing.

Completely agree. We haven't heard any updates on Gothmog let alone any teases on the Gandalf or Aragorn. This doesn't make me feel like shelling out money for Gothmog. I've been harping about this line for weeks now. No updates on FB or their site. Disappointing.

A couple of pictures taken under natural light. This figure is gorgeous. Thankfully the diorama stand included is of decent quality (was surprised that it's very heavy), and the C-clamp helps him stand better. I don't think a crotch grabber would work on Morgul Lord given his floppy knees and heavy top.

Pose copied from Luka -- it's the only convincing pose I could give the figure since it also has floppy shoulders.

ASMUS should give us replacement bodies WITHOUT having to oblige us to get Gothmog.

MorgulLord_zps7f53bb00.jpg

MorgulLord2_zpsc4a2008e.jpg

wants but damn the reported body probs suck. dont want so much when i consider that. why wont asmus just send new bods to those that got this? wtf?

wants but damn the reported body probs suck. dont want so much when i consider that. why wont asmus just send new bods to those that got this? wtf?

Agreed. I find it ridiculous that I won't get a replacement body since I won't be buying gothmog

Agreed. I find it ridiculous that I won't get a replacement body since I won't be buying gothmog

bad business for sure. im sure those bodies will be sold on ebay and easy to get even without buying gothmog but thats really not the point a replacement body shouldht cost the customer anything at all. seems like a shady move to include it with another release, in a attempt to sell more of said release.

shame cuz the witch king does look great and im stoked to see the mouth but i dont feel comfortable giving any money to asmums after reading about all this. f-that. vote with my wallet etc.

I got my Morgul Lord today. I like the box and packaging - and a great looking figure right out of the box. Love the helmet. He will needs some major work to get the robes straight and not be in a complete mess. I opened him up but haven't done anything other than put him on the base. Going to start getting the robes sorted out tomorrow. I didn't notice anything crazy loose on mine joint-wise (yet) but I have done zero posing so far.

Messed with the robes for a while last night and I have to say that once the outfit gets sorted out he looks fantastic. The body on mine is ok...his joints were pretty tight...until I moved them. Still ok overall but it would be nice if they were tighter. I don't know if he could hold his weapons up or not at this point since I haven't tried yet. Will mess with posing tonight. But he does look pretty great in the standard museum pose.

Just gone mine, and love it. Cant wait ti get a proper body and redress it properly, hopefuly they get the body sorted out for gothmog and MOS, cause those are definite buys for me now

After looking at all the pics of this guy he came out really awesome. Great job Asmus Toys! This is on my list of what to get next. Definitely once Gothmog comes out I will get this and him. Can't wait for full reveal of Gandalf The White. :hi5::panic:

I wonder where the ASMUS rep on here went? I could be wrong, but when the figure started shipping he stopped posting on this thread.

I still think that ASMUS should send those who bought Morgul Lord a replacement body without requiring to purchase Gothmog. Anyway here's what they posted on their Fb page yesterday:

"We will modify the KP01A body that was used in Morgul Lord for Gandalf and later figures. There will be greater movements on the arms, and will surely be tighter on the joints"

1471297_10151752409521968_1303577895_n.jpg

Back