Asmus Toys - Twilight Witchking 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pre-ordered! he looks amazing !!!!!
Good job, Asmus! I love the details especially the ring. Does anyone know if the crown is metal?

Hello Asmus: Did you consider giving the Twilight Witchking some special white paint, so that it GLOWS IN THE DARK when illuminated with a special light (kind of what Hot Toys did with Black Panther, etc)? That would be an awesome addition making him a real spectre and elevating the figure to a new level, and I believe that it would not necesarilly increase the price tag at all (we would provide the light, of course).
Thanks a lot for your art and for listening to your fans.

I believe that it would not necesarilly increase the price tag at all (we would provide the light, of course).

:lol That made me laugh.

But this is a genius idea! Bravo!

Likely too late for this figure... BUT if Asmus ever does that green ghost King of the Dead that Aragorn seeks out, having him illuminate with green phosphorus paint would be awesome!!!!

Hello Asmus: Did you consider giving the Twilight Witchking some special white paint, so that it GLOWS IN THE DARK when illuminated with a special light (kind of what Hot Toys did with Black Panther, etc)? That would be an awesome addition making him a real spectre and elevating the figure to a new level, and I believe that it would not necesarilly increase the price tag at all (we would provide the light, of course).
Thanks a lot for your art and for listening to your fans.

Am wondering if we can do that kind of thing ourselves:dunno, after reading in the BP thread that - it's the chemistry of that kind of paint - that eventually the glow won't be as bright. E.g., if we do it ourselves we'd know what we used and can refresh as needed. I have a Proxima Midnight staff I was thinking of trying to add some glow to, since HT didn't.

Tho I wouldn't want to re-touch all the BP details. Think the Witch King might be easier. Or maybe just paint some polyester floss and have it flow around the fig like smoke, so the floss would glow but u didn't have to touch the fig.:dunno

Oh... the glow fades over time just like those old models? That sucks for people who don't know.

Oh well... Genius Idea #4231 tossed in the can. Next!

Oh... the glow fades over time just like those old models? That sucks for people who don't know.

Oh well... Genius Idea #4231 tossed in the can. Next!
:cool:

DioramaMaker had posted this comment in BP 2 thread (I was interested as wanted to paint Proxima staff glow-y parts):

Chemist here, biological but studied fluorescent and phosphorescent particles at one point.

Big difference is that phosphorescent = glow in the dark, fluorescent = reactive glow on the absorption of energy, with BP we are using pigments that are the latter of the two.

Both rely on an initial source of energy, but the difference is that phosphorescent pigments "capture" their initial energy (charging your item) and slowly emit it as the particles relax from an excited state (glowing), this is why glow in the dark things get dimmer and need recharging. Fluorescence on the other hand is immediate emission of that energy that is being received, which is why BP glows only under the right light wavelengths.

Either way, there is a degree of life on all of these pigments. I am not a material scientist but I do know that the glowing ability of many compounds in either camp will degrade with repeated use, and this is a simple case of how many particles of pigment could feasibly be on these figures? I mean think, the paint coating which suspends that fluorescent pigment on the suit and figures is essentially micrometers thick, if not thinner. The less there are, the faster it's going to "die" over time. That's a limfac of nature, not HT.

On the other hand the glow-in-the-dark buttons on my years-old remote are still so bright hafta turn over...ANYWAY. IMO any light-up effects/glows etc. lose their novelty pretty fast -at least for me, unless u can-rewire and use as a kind of room light. Do folks really light these things every day for months, years? Luv the IM lights - but hate that apparently the bulbs can go bad and u can't change. Light-ups are a pain in *ss IMO. Including having to remember to turn on the UV light...unless I guess if I hooked up an auto-timer.

Guess if ASMUS wanted they could use whatever plastic they use for the glowy remote buttons.:google

And what about just the robes? I guess some special white paint on them will not affect the headsculpt itself, and will give the figure a remarkable versality with the UV light (a second life in the Twilight Zone...). In the long term, that will certainly make the figure a very demanded one. I think it is not difficult for Asmus to make it happen, and such a move would bring them directly in the A-league.
I might be only dreaming, but if it does not happen, I will try to make it myself. Let's see!

And what about just the robes? I guess some special white paint on them will not affect the headsculpt itself, and will give the figure a remarkable versality with the UV light (a second life in the Twilight Zone...). In the long term, that will certainly make the figure a very demanded one. I think it is not difficult for Asmus to make it happen, and such a move would bring them directly in the A-league.
I might be only dreaming, but if it does not happen, I will try to make it myself. Let's see!

Go for it....
glowpaint.jpg

man, this piece is perhaps the most exciting piece that Asmus has put out in this line so far. Unreal!

When does it ship?!

Wouldn’t this guy glow in someway with a black light anyway? Like a white shirt does? I feel like his coloring from the factory would suffice if someone wanted to shine a black light on him

thanks to our awesome designer for the amazing digital renderings. This is the first step to an amazing figure.

TWAB001.jpg
TWAB002.jpg

Back