Asmus Toys: Merry and Pippin Lord of the Rings 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be wrong on this but I always thought it was more that Merry wasn't a man per se, not the weapon he used?

JRR was pretty clear:
"No other blade, not though mightier hands had wielded it, would have dealt that foe a wound so bitter, cleaving the undead flesh, breaking the spell that knit his unseen sinews to his will."

I thought he used the Elven dagger that Galadriel gave him, but would have to double check both the book and the movie.

Actually Merry's one is consumed after stabbing the Witchking. And that's why the Witchking is actually hurt... a regular Rohan/Gondor weapon would have not touched him.

True. I must read the books again. :lecture :lol

Pippin keeps his though, I think.

I may be wrong on this but I always thought it was more that Merry wasn't a man per se, not the weapon he used?

That's more the prophecy side of it with Éowyn not being a man, and therefore being able to kill the Witch King. Merry's weapon was made by sworn enemies of Angmar who hated, hated, hated, hated the Witch King, and as SithThundercracker said, that was why he was able to 'cleave the undead flesh' and 'break the spell that knit his unseen sinews to his will'.

As awesome as the movies were in my opinion the books are still better. They are like comfort food to me but I have been immersed in them since I was 5.

my Merry and Pippin arrived today -and I am blown away!!! Love them!!! Perfect little hobbits!

Can I ask... are the Merry and Pippin figures an example that happen to look WAY better in person than they do in photos? (That's been my experience with a few figures, to be sure) Because, when I see that so many are thrilled over these figures, but every photo I've seen leaves me unimpressed, I can't help but be curious over what I'm not seeing... So, my intent here is NOT to be critical of the figures... just curious if it's one of those circumstances of -- "it looks SO GREAT in hand!"

Can I ask... are the Merry and Pippin figures an example that happen to look WAY better in person than they do in photos? (That's been my experience with a few figures, to be sure) Because, when I see that so many are thrilled over these figures, but every photo I've seen leaves me unimpressed, I can't help but be curious over what I'm not seeing... So, my intent here is NOT to be critical of the figures... just curious if it's one of those circumstances of -- "it looks SO GREAT in hand!"

In my opinion they are better in person. Mine are so sturdy, the joints are great and they hold poses fantastically well. In my opinion that coupled with their size makes them teally fun. Right now they are sitting on the edge of our headboard. Odd place, I know but for now that is where they are sitting. Now as far as the sculpts go, yes they do seem a little bit off. They are obviously Merry and Pippin but they are not perfect likenesses. Better likeness than Tauriel but not as spot on as Saruman or Bard in my opinion. They fit in great with Aragorn and really gets me excited about getting an entire Asmus fellowship. Hopefully that helps.

Been collecting asmus for a while now, got their dmc Dante for my 18th way back and I've gotta say there is a huge difference between their old and current figures (just got their merry and pippin) you guys have come a long way and are beginning to become my fav 1/6 company

I recieved mine from BBTs today. I'm very happy with them. They look great, the figures are sturdy, the clothing seems well made and the colors are nice.
I hope asmus plans to release an add on pack for each one. The rohirrim armor merry wears and weapon and the minas tirith guard gear for pippin. I guess they'd have to make helmeted heads to go with that.

Just got these guys!
Merrys expression is a lot less surly in person. Clothes are great and fit well.
Wish they came with the traveling cloaks they started with. And the swords they get at Amon hen would have been nice too. They didn't even use the elvish daggers.
I gave merry my extra sideshow Sams sword since his expression seems to fit better. image.jpg

My guess is this month (May). Sideshow just pushed back several of my Asmus orders ... yet AGAIN ... but this one wasn't one of them. So I think M&P may be shipping out on schedule in the next couple of weeks. :yess:

Back