Asmus Toys: Merry and Pippin Lord of the Rings 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday too, and both are nicely perched on the Treebeard bust. On a side note, they look like they've been under the sun a while. Not sure which part of the journey they wanted to capture but these Hobbits look well-seasoned.

Now all I need to know now is when's the unveiling of Sam and Frodo, so I can gift someone with my previous SS incarnations.

I broke down and ordered these direct from Asmus; I've had my custom Merry/Pippin figures (on Sideshow hobbit bodies) about 90% complete for a couple of years now, only needing paint on the heads (which I am not skilled enough to do on my own). I didn't realize until after I ordered that the Asmus hobbits are scaled smaller, so now I'm committed to getting Frodo and Sam, and probably the entire fellowship in all honesty.
For those who ordered from Asmus, do you get shipping confirmation with tracking? I placed my order Monday, but no email with shipment details and nothing on my account either.

I broke down and ordered these direct from Asmus; I've had my custom Merry/Pippin figures (on Sideshow hobbit bodies) about 90% complete for a couple of years now, only needing paint on the heads (which I am not skilled enough to do on my own). I didn't realize until after I ordered that the Asmus hobbits are scaled smaller, so now I'm committed to getting Frodo and Sam, and probably the entire fellowship in all honesty.
For those who ordered from Asmus, do you get shipping confirmation with tracking? I placed my order Monday, but no email with shipment details and nothing on my account either.

I never got any email, it just showed up at my door one day.

Same here. No shipping notice. They just showed up.

These hobbits are 100% better than SS'. Granted it's years later but they are really sturdy and don't need stands. The bodies work well in a sitting position on the edge of a shelf too with very little risk of falling over or off.

i ordered mine a few days ago aswell i did get a confirmation of my order but no shipping confirmation or anything like that. its been about 5 days since i ordered so i reckon they should be on the way :)

There and Back again~

Wonderful time in the Hobbiton with 2 REAL hobbits~!!

IMG_2728.JPG

Got mine yesterday too, and both are nicely perched on the Treebeard bust. On a side note, they look like they've been under the sun a while. Not sure which part of the journey they wanted to capture but these Hobbits look well-seasoned.

Is their skin tone too dark? They look okay in most of the photos I've seen, but sometimes those don't accurately reflect how they appear in-hand, especially under dimmer lighting.

Has Asmus commented any further on whether or not we can get some sort of "accessory" pack for this set with different heads for Merry and Pippin (or at least Merry)?

Has Asmus commented any further on whether or not we can get some sort of "accessory" pack for this set with different heads for Merry and Pippin (or at least Merry)?

Yes, accessory pack for Merry and Pippin or other characters are still on the table.

But the hope of making armors for these two hobbits are very slim... the hard fact is that they are not popular enough...

I'm not too bothered about the armors, as you've done the iconic looks for these two characters now, but I imagine there's a WAY bigger demand for alt heads for Merry and Pippin than anyone else.

I'm sure their figures would sell out in a flash if collectors heard alternate heads for them were definitely coming, since Merry's head is the one BIG complaint I hear about this set.

Yes, accessory pack for Merry and Pippin or other characters are still on the table.

But the hope of making armors for these two hobbits are very slim... the hard fact is that they are not popular enough...

That's disappointing.. I would have preferred their armored look.

Hi guys, I have been looking at the pics of Merry in the movie. Is his hair colour supposed to be lighter ? Anyone doing some slight modifications? Thanks

Back