Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring : Gothmog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any updates on the full release or at least another teaser on Gothmog?

ETA Any chance of posting the packaging here as well as FB as I can't access FB at work?

1010320_10151444409731968_707873492_n.jpg

I like the box. Simple. Elegant. Much less cluttered and busy than the SSC 1:6 boxes were.

I'm thinking they will have a different color scheme for their different lines.

Heroes = BLUE
Men of the West = Green??
Army of Mordor = Red??
Armors of Middle-earth = Brown??

Either that or they go by movie like the EE...

i really look forward to the day when they do....i hope he is nearly 20 inches tall too!!!!....i also expect his armor to be full of detail!!!...:)...thanks FLOSI...:)

I don't collect 1/6 scale figures, but i have to say that so far i am very, very impressed.
I won't be buying them but i'm very interested in seeing what they do :)

I'm so impressed that i'm not even going to refer to them as toys!

I would like to know whether their Hobbits will be correctly scaled or if they will follow SCC's lead? I have my own Merry and Pippin but if their versions were correctly scaled I would be hard pressed to say no to getting them.

WE will find out.

Personaly, i'm betting that as their line is intending to "build off of/complete" the existing sideshow line, they will be scaled very closely to the sideshow hobbits.

WE will find out.

Personaly, i'm betting that as their line is intending to "build off of/complete" the existing sideshow line, they will be scaled very closely to the sideshow hobbits.

Well if they change the hobbits' scale from SS to the correct scale they do get to make two more figures using those base bodies. That mgiht help recoup some of the cost of engineering a new body. I wonder what the price will be for the smaller figures. Honestly I can see Gimli selling for the same as a regular release but it will be harder to justify Merry or Pippin selling for the same as the Morgul Lord but they very well could cost Asmus roughly the same to produce.

Just one question: Will there be any chance to showcase this at SDCC '13 coming up in a few weeks? I personally would like to see this.

I will inquire...I'm guessing not since they are an overseas company with a pretty SMALL product line so far. Perhaps next year when they have 5 -10 figures to show.

Does Hot Toys EVER have a booth at conventions like SDCC or do they ride the backs of Sideshow and others to get their product out there?

Well if they change the hobbits' scale from SS to the correct scale they do get to make two more figures using those base bodies. That mgiht help recoup some of the cost of engineering a new body. I wonder what the price will be for the smaller figures. Honestly I can see Gimli selling for the same as a regular release but it will be harder to justify Merry or Pippin selling for the same as the Morgul Lord but they very well could cost Asmus roughly the same to produce.

Except they don't make their own bodies. they have a deal wih Kaustik Plastik who are making their bodies for them. And as it simply expands KP's range of bodies they can sell, who can really say.

Except they don't make their own bodies. they have a deal wih Kaustik Plastik who are making their bodies for them. And as it simply expands KP's range of bodies they can sell, who can really say.

True. I thought about that before I posted but I figured they'd have to foot the bill for engineering the new body type or at least a portion of it since there don't seem to be much need child size 1/6" bodies. Although if they make them in the correct scale it could possibly pass for a 1/12 scale base body.

Back