Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an FYI. Be careful with the boots that go on the troll base. I was setting mine up yesterday and the troll head slipped off my lap and fell on a carpeted floor. The right boot now has a chip in It half way up and on the side. I'm not sure what the material is but it's not rubber.

Ouch, sorry man. I'm going to try contacting customer service to see if they can do anything. Maybe you should contact them again?

ETA I contacted their customer service through FB. It's taken about a week but I think they are sending me a replacement boot as they asked me for my address today. Try contacting them through FB. Send them a pic as well as they requested it from me.

Bumping my own message. Just a shout out to Asmus customer service. As I posted, about a month ago I had a chunk come out of Legolas' boot. I contacted Asmus customer service through FB and I got a replacement boot today. I know Asmus gets some hatred on here but I think they are doing a great job.

My Legolas arrived today! It was my first order from Asmus and also my first non-HT action figure. I gotta say, he's definitely not HT level and there's a lot to improve BUT ... I'm impressed nonetheless. Especially the clothing is great and I am loving how it's not restricting his movement. While he's not perfect I really love the guy! He looks great on the shelf and I hope tomorrow will be a sunny day so I can take a lot more pics of him! ♥ Now I'm really looking forward to Gimli.

DSC_1425-2b.jpg

I’m wondering what some black wash would do to lessen the yellow of the hair and really bring out the sculpt of the hair. Legolas doesn’t have straight up bright yellow hair, so some paint might add a layer of shadow in the hair strands.
Anyone do this?

Better off drybrushing white or even silver paint over the yellow to tone it down (the silver might add a little sparkle).

I'm still considering getting this haired... but I feel like Asmus is going to offer a rooted option at some point this year.

Honestly, from what I read in some reviews and heard from people, I was expecting his hair to be a lot more yellow. I was prepared to repaint it but now that I have him, I don't really see the point. There's a bit of a yellow hue at the top but it's not very noticable. :dunno I really don't mind the colour of the hair. That being said, it does hinder articulation and that's a real shame coz they did such a great job in making sure the outfit doesn't. So if there was a rooted head for him, I'd buy it in a heartbeat and I really hope Asmus will offer it in the near future. But I won't commission someone to root that head for me coz I've asked for quotes from some artists that I think did an amazing job on Legolas and it's way past my spending limit for this guy. ^^

Honestly, from what I read in some reviews and heard from people, I was expecting his hair to be a lot more yellow. I was prepared to repaint it but now that I have him, I don't really see the point. There's a bit of a yellow hue at the top but it's not very noticable. :dunno I really don't mind the colour of the hair. That being said, it does hinder articulation and that's a real shame coz they did such a great job in making sure the outfit doesn't. So if there was a rooted head for him, I'd buy it in a heartbeat and I really hope Asmus will offer it in the near future. But I won't commission someone to root that head for me coz I've asked for quotes from some artists that I think did an amazing job on Legolas and it's way past my spending limit for this guy. ^^

Yeah, more than the figure itself!!!

Better off drybrushing white or even silver paint over the yellow to tone it down (the silver might add a little sparkle).

I'm still considering getting this haired... but I feel like Asmus is going to offer a rooted option at some point this year.
That would make them a liar if they do. Since I remember them saying there will not be an expansion or slim release of Legolas. That's why I just went ahead and did the hairing myself with him and Aragorn.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That would make them a liar if they do. Since I remember them saying there will not be an expansion or slim release of Legolas. That's why I just went ahead and did the hairing myself with him and Aragorn.

Well, it's unfair call them liars for changing their mind, if they finally do it. They decided to go with sculpted hair, and not doing both options like they did with Boromir. But if they decide to offer a rooted hair Legolas it will mean they have solved the problems they perceived for doing that at the beginning. Asmus has proven they're constantly evolving and doing better figures. They have stated that Gimli rooted beard was a challenge and they've learned a lot from this project. That opens the chances of redoing figures they've already done, like Gandalf or Legolas, and improving them, even if it wasn't on their future plans. And that's just good for collectors.

Well, it's unfair call them liars for changing their mind, if they finally do it. They decided to go with sculpted hair, and not doing both options like they did with Boromir. But if they decide to offer a rooted hair Legolas it will mean they have solved the problems they perceived for doing that at the beginning. Asmus has proven they're constantly evolving and doing better figures. They have stated that Gimli rooted beard was a challenge and they've learned a lot from this project. That opens the chances of redoing figures they've already done, like Gandalf or Legolas, and improving them, even if it wasn't on their future plans. And that's just good for collectors.
I don't think it does. The way they worded it was it was not going to ever happen. I dunno but I like to hold people accountable for their words and actions. If they do make one, that's cool. And if it turns out better than my haired version I'll gladly upgrade. And yes it is good for collectors but it still doesn't change that the lied.

At the time it was when they were releasing Legolas. So it could easily have been a lie just to get people to purchase the first release. Because at that point people were privy of them doing the slim versions with better sculpts. Then they claimed it wasn't happening with Legolas. Pushing more sales I'm sure. So yeah, it would make them liars.

Last edited:
I don't think it does. The way they worded it was it was not going to ever happen. I dunno but I like to hold people accountable for their words and actions. If they do make one, that's cool. And if it turns out better than my haired version I'll gladly upgrade. And yes it is good for collectors but it still doesn't change that the lied.

At the time it was when they were releasing Legolas. So it could easily have been a lie just to get people to purchase the first release. Because at that point people were privy of them doing the slim versions with better sculpts. Then they claimed it wasn't happening with Legolas. Pushing more sales I'm sure. So yeah, it would make them liars.

To me, it would be a lie if at the time they released Legolas, they actually had plans for a rooted hair version, which they clearly stated that didn't. So if down the road they change their mind because of they have improved their technique, that's not a lie. Anyway that's all speculation, cause they have repeatedly denied new plans for Legolas.

To me, it would be a lie if at the time they released Legolas, they actually had plans for a rooted hair version, which they clearly stated that didn't. So if down the road they change their mind because of they have improved their technique, that's not a lie. Anyway that's all speculation, cause they have repeatedly denied new plans for Legolas.
Maybe not liars then but like you said they even repeatedly say there are no plans to revisit Legolas Id like to believe they mean it. But Id totally be on board with a rooted/haired expansion for my Legolas if they do change their minds and it turns out a home run.

As if now I'm happy with the entire Fellowship. I would like an expansion set for GtG for my other Gandalf though. Then I'd be interested in Gollum and Black Gate Aragorn. And probably Bilbo too when they finalize him.

Yeah, that's my sentiment as well. And can't wait for Gollum and Gandalf expansion set, too! I think there's a lot of coolness coming from Asmus in the next years.

Yeah, that's my sentiment as well. And can't wait for Gollum and Gandalf expansion set, too! I think there's a lot of coolness coming from Asmus in the next years.
Outside my ensemble shelves with SW, Marvel and LOTR, I have detolfs set up for a "movie figure timeline" show casing a character from a film from each year starting with 1977 (ANH Luke). But I have a few holes. I need Gollum for 2002's Two Towers (I have the NECA version as a placeholder for now) and Black Gate Aragorn for 2003's Return of the King.

I'll get Bilbo for 2012's Unexpected Journey. So there's still plenty I need from Asmus yet.

Very slight Amateur black washing paint on Asmus Legolas hair. Darkens it up a bit, but I do like the slight shadowing effect it gives the flat paint on the stock head.
bb6ab350393d3e4d34b1d58c26a92368.heic
18975aef2f87ebc6a45bd2d3428c35ca.heic
47a38b2a2f870f5369e5934a0c37a423.heic
9ec70b90f67a04ec23d71e20fc6a5bb8.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everybody.
New guy here. I have the Deluxe version. I am gathering as much info about this guy as possible.
Will you, oh savvy ancient ones of this thread, share the set of most common tips/tricks/issues/fixes/common mods/best practices that have resulted out of these 3 long years(!!) of this thread's existence?
Thank you all!
Best,
m.

Back