Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the only diference in the two Legolas releases is that the Luxury version comes with the cave troll base.
Any "in-stock" hobbits (Merry, Pippin, Frodo, Sam) are the 2.0 versions with improved sculpts and traveling cloaks (first versions came with Lothlorien cloaks except for Frodo 1.0 who had both).
Aragorn "slim" has a rooted-hair head and fewer accessories.
Boromir rooted vs sculpted are identical except for the heads.
Finally, the first Gandalf the Grey was a "Hobbit" release; Asmus is on record saying there will be a 2.0 release with a different sculpt, which will probably be labeled as a LOTR release.

Thank you so much! This helps a lot. Upcoming Gandalf is great news, since the previous one looks difficult to find and very expensive, from what I've seen.

Well, bit the bullet and ordered Frodo. Hope Legolas won't increase his price too much in the next months! Also, I'll need Aragorn sooner than later. Phew.

Well, bit the bullet and ordered Frodo. Hope Legolas won't increase his price too much in the next months! Also, I'll need Aragorn sooner than later. Phew.

I think you're safe with Legolas; me personally, I'd prioritize Aragorn next, but it all depends on your personal preference. There are no wrong answers.

Legolas is still available through Asmus and most other sites I have seen. He is also all over Ebay.

I cannot find a parted out head though. I really want to re-hair him but I don't want to mess up my only head.

IMG_1654.JPG

Some WIP for Legolas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 402227

Some WIP for Legolas

Great work. I haven't started with mine yet. his bald at the moment. I tried some bamboo synthetic hair , which didn't work so well , the mohair I got (tibetan lamb fur) was a bit too curly for my taste ( considering its for Legolas) , so I`m just trying new permanent ways to get the bits of straight hair. You really did motivate me to go ahead.

Great work. I haven't started with mine yet. his bald at the moment. I tried some bamboo synthetic hair , which didn't work so well , the mohair I got (tibetan lamb fur) was a bit too curly for my taste ( considering its for Legolas) , so I`m just trying new permanent ways to get the bits of straight hair. You really did motivate me to go ahead.

Get it brother. Can’t wait to see your take on him

Just an FYI. Be careful with the boots that go on the troll base. I was setting mine up yesterday and the troll head slipped off my lap and fell on a carpeted floor. The right boot now has a chip in It half way up and on the side. I'm not sure what the material is but it's not rubber.

Just an FYI. Be careful with the boots that go on the troll base. I was setting mine up yesterday and the troll head slipped off my lap and fell on a carpeted floor. The right boot now has a chip in It half way up and on the side. I'm not sure what the material is but it's not rubber.

Yeah mine arrived broken in box and I was never sent a replacement 😓

Yeah mine arrived broken in box and I was never sent a replacement ��

Ouch, sorry man. I'm going to try contacting customer service to see if they can do anything. Maybe you should contact them again?

ETA I contacted their customer service through FB. It's taken about a week but I think they are sending me a replacement boot as they asked me for my address today. Try contacting them through FB. Send them a pic as well as they requested it from me.

Last edited:
Wow that sucks... I never even checked the condition of mine lol..... Might be kinda late now if it did arrive damaged.

Back