Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received earlier today, I am really pleased with how this turned out! This was my first purchase of Asmus figure and I am amazed at the quality, very nice work all around. The rooted hair makes it look even better but looks great without it. The hair color looks fine to me in hand but in different lighting may vary, anyway very happy with my purchase and keep up the great work thanks. A Pic out of box and a pic after messing with it. 20170913_164234.jpg20170913_210617-1.jpg

I just got him - I didn't know the figure was so small - i have my custom Aragorn on a HT Standard figure and Legolas looks like a Teenager compared to Aragorn - hopefully i can change the body as Legolas was approx. same size in the Film

Other than that and the Quiver (all rubber and can't be repositioned) I'm happy - Hope I can fix these two problems

I've had this figure for a little over a week now and I have to say, I think I like him even more now than I did right out of the box. I've had him on the coffee table in the living room (and not tucked away in the LOTR display in the collection room), so I've really been looking at him every day.

And the more I look, the more I like. The likeness is among their best in the line, I think. Right up there with Bard. And I'm not bothered at all by the hair. (In fact, it's quite a relief not having to style and futz it.)

Just got this badboy. Only conplaint was swapping his right hand. Outside that superb figure and glad to add it to the LotR shelves.

E4E580B0-6263-4DAC-8E4D-E9F0E58F200C.jpg

I picked this up recently from forbidden planet NYC. I wasn't planning on getting into this line because I considered of scaling back on my collecting. Also, I was disappointed with how aragorn came out....more on this later*

Now that I have Legolas in hand, I gotta say...WOW. It actually looks much better in hand. It's one of those figures where pictures don't really do it justice, although some pics really make it shine, it also depends on the angles. But in hand, it's great at all times haha. I think it's because our two eyes provide something a camera can't, depth perception (I could be wrong with that analysis, but the point I'm trying to get across is that what our eyes see is different from what the camera sees because we have TWO eyes as opposed to a camera that essentially has one). This is likely the reason why many figures look better in hand than in photos.

As for aragorn...now that I have Legolas, I feel like I need to get another member from the fellowship. So I visited aragorn thread and my conclusion...I think I'll be getting him as well, not because of how he looks right now, but because of the potential. The sculpt is friggin there! But the paint job leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyway, great job on Legolas, asmus.

I never heard back from Asmus about my damaged boots and troll head 😓 guess I just have to live with the fact that I forked out extra money for a broken “Luxury” set.

CanadianBrandon, just wait a little, I'm sure they will answer you. Maybe Chinese holidays ?
The Legolas I received had a painting issue, it had big black/purple circles around the eyes, especially the right one. He looked like he had not sleep for a month, or a zombie Legolas. I wrote them with these two pictures of the head, and they send me a new one that is perfect. (I send them back the one I was not happy with)
So, a big thank you to you Asmus, I suppose not every company would have done that.
Below is mine with the new head. I did a repaint of the hairs, that were too "chick yellow", and even if that's not as good as a rooted hair like some of you crazy customizers do, I find it's really fantastic and shows how good the sculpt is.
:)

IMG_4410.JPG

IMG_4413.JPG

IMG_7374.JPG

IMG_7375.JPG

IMG_7376.JPG

IMG_7385.JPG

Just got this for a terrific price on ebay... happy to join the club here finally.

I'm way overdue on futzing my Asmus line. I have a lot of catching up to do on Gandalf the Grey, Grishnahk and now this. Thank god the holidays are here and I will finally have some time.

Man, I never heard back from Asmus about my damaged troll head/legolas boots. It's been over a month now. Sucks. I was being patient hoping they would get back to me. I love supporting them, and I love the LUX set (unlike some) but I really wish it wasn't damaged...

There's a few basic things to do with this figure to make it accurate, right?

Like flipping the sheaths for the blades so the handles bow toward each other?

Also, releasing the chest strap a bit to lower.

Lightening the hair or hairing, yes.

Was there anything else... for those still checking in?

Back