Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered yesterday and received a confirmation email as well as an email for creating an account. Check your junk mail and/or that you entered the right address?

I forget to check there... Thank you for reminding me. All good got both notifications, I think this is asmus's best lotr figure so far and I cant wait, after that all I need is gimli and boromir then ill have the whole fellowship by asmus. I dont think ill be getting anymore after that except possibly some variants off them like Aragorn from helms deep.

Last edited:
Made my own instead.
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

I can't take credit for the repaint; that is the work of Mark Simpson. Here are the "raw" photos, without any effects:

IMG_0161.JPG
IMG_0172.JPG
IMG_0165.JPG

Wow - I wish mine had that repaint!!
And the leather works on his shoulder pads are great too!

But the Sideshow Sculpts were actually good- my Aragorn also had a repaint, though I do not know by whom since I got him from ebay, but he really looks astonishing.

Agreed. The sculpts on the Sideshow LOTR figures were actually well done. It was the poor factory paint applications that hurt the figures.

I repainted my Aragorn and Faramir head sculpts and it made a HUGE difference.

Legolas, Boromir and the two hobbits were not too bad, so I kept them as they were. But now I see that a repaint on Legolas truly enhances the sculpt.

I do agree that repainted heads make big difference (I went this route with all my figures) but old SSC sculpts are not on par with current sculpts in terms of details and are a tad big. Also SSC buck bodies were a tragedy and the clothing were tailored for that silly proportions.

I replaced the original Sideshow body on this custom with a narrow shoulder true-type body, and I think the clothing fits fine!!!

Back