Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its very hard to match the paint on sculpted hair with the color of the faux hair. I've never seen it done successfully -- the shine on the hair never matches that of the paint. Doesn't mean you can't, but it must be very hard.

To do it correctly, I would think you need to lay some of the 'hair' across the sculpted portion of the hair to match. But the process of 'gluing' it down becomes a problem.

I may be one of the only advocates for Tauriel but I still love my figure. She looks awesome with all the other Tolkien figures and I think her hair looks really good.

Lighting is important when photographing the hair as the thin filament plastic material can act like a fiber optic if the light catches it wrong, it almost glows.

I am hoping they do Legolas the same but hopefully research the hair color/material as blond/light hair colors seem to enhance this effect even more so.

I would be ok with fully rooted hair if they could come up with an inventive process to build the top part of his hair/braids/hairline. With figures like Chewbacca raising the bar on what is possible, I encourage today's manufacturers to think out of the box and experiment with new procedures while in prototype stage. I would gladly wait an extra six months or more for Legolas in order to get the best hair possible. I am opposed to solely sculpted though as he will not be standing at attention in my detolf and seeing as he will be next to ACI Aragorn, Tauriel, and Eowyn with Gandalf and Saruman on their own shelf, it would be nice if he fit in with at least mixed-media hair.

I'm hoping for rooted hair but not the combo of sculpted on top with the rooted bottom. I could, however, just see the braids being sculpted which could then hold the hair in.

Implanted hair. All the way.
Only real problem: how to smoothly transition from sculpted face to implanted hair, at hairline...
Thanks,
m.

EDIT: stupid me, I meant "implanted" instead of "sculpted", at the beginning of the post. The remainder of the post didn't make sense. Now it does.

Legolas and Gimli are gonna be insanely difficult to get right. Once they are revealed im gonna try not be overly critical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there a post from Asmus in some thread stating that they would release the rest of the Fellowship by the end of 2016?! I just dont see how that is remotely possible since it seems to take months from prototype photos to actual final release (much like Hot Toys and Sideshow figures). So considering it's July already, how on earth could they possibly release Gandalf,Frodo, Sam, Legolas, Gimli, and Boromir within the next 6 months?!

Was there a post from Asmus in some thread stating that they would release the rest of the Fellowship by the end of 2016?! I just dont see how that is remotely possible since it seems to take months from prototype photos to actual final release (much like Hot Toys and Sideshow figures). So considering it's July already, how on earth could they possibly release Gandalf,Frodo, Sam, Legolas, Gimli, and Boromir within the next 6 months?!

George stated back in the spring that the Fellowship should be "completed" by the end of the year, but that's it. The remaining members of the Fellowship have been in various stages of production for a while so it's possible that we will see pre-orders for some of them before the year ends.

Based on the updates Asmus provides, I think there's a good chance we will see pre-orders this year for Frodo, Sam and maybe Legolas. It's hard to say about the others without any recent updates to go by.

There was a post showing the improved head back in Nov 2014 and then pretty much nothing. I'm not holding out any hope on seeing Legolas this year.

Back