Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legolas has been a tricky one,
we have 3 sculptors made 5 attends, and so far we have not had one that gets an all pass yet.

Here is the latest update,
May be we can have some feedbacks ~

123123.jpg

123124.jpg

123125.jpg

Looks pretty good from the front but seems a little old. Loses something on the 3/4 view--I think the chin is pushed in too much and not pointy enough. Actually if anything I'd say the portrait looks a little too masculine.

I'll wait for SDCC to get an idea of where this line is going. If we see Legolas, Gimli, Boromir and (hopefully) Arwen, I'll start playing catch-up on the last few figs. It would be nice to see those figures closing out 2016, and then expanding to other characters like Lurtz, Galadriel, Faramir, and Elrond in 2017.

Last edited:
I think it looks pretty much perfect! I can't offer much in the way of feedback but I'm sure there are some eagle eyed Lord of the rings fans who will be in here pointing stuff out!

Last edited:
A little aging isn't bad. Remember, we walk a fine line before we fall into the Star Ace year one Harry Potter category and get creepy, uncanny valley looks due to so little aging.

That being said, he can't be too old looking. But this digital render is definitely a great place to work from. Is there something crooked with his nose bridge? Or does Orlando Bloom actually have that?

we have 3 sculptors made 5 attends, and so far we have not had one that gets an all pass yet.

View attachment 274319

View attachment 274320

View attachment 274321

I think this looks quite good as well. I think it's time to present a painted prototype with whatever parts of his hair will show as real hair....I also assume the braids and longer lengths will be real hair?

I agree with a couple of the other comments. It looks too old or too 'masculine'. It's a pretty good likeness of Orlando Bloom, but not quite Legolas. Legolas is 'pretty' if you want to put it that way. His features are somewhat more feminine. His lines should be soft. Maybe the whole face needs to be just a tiny bit narrower and smoother.

It's great to know that you're trying so hard. That really counts for a lot. Makes the wait easier when we know what's going on.

Are you guys trying to do a LOTR line or a Hobbit line? I think he looks good but he looks like he's from the Hobbit. Same with Gandalf. They look good but they look too mature for LOTR.

View attachment 274319

View attachment 274320

View attachment 274321

I agree with those who say he's a tad old. Those very slight lines around the mouth shouldn't really be there. Orlando Bloom had very smooth, unlined skin in LOTR - not so much so in The Hobbit.

Apart from that, excellent.

The front looks quite good, but I can't pinpoint why it loses something on the profile pic. And agree with the rest of the people: he looks too old in that render for a Lord of the Ring Legolas, and the skin/lines should be softer around the mouth. Maybe this profile photo can help to see the differences:

legolas_sideshot.jpg

Attachments

• ORLANDO-BLOOM.jpg
    ORLANDO-BLOOM.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 228
Cheekbones should be more vertical/less horizontal. Thin the eyebrows just a touch. It's otherwise pretty great as is.

The sculpt is looking fantastic overall, just some micro tweaks which become more apparent in when compared to the 3/4 reference photo. Chin needs to be slightly longer and jut out a bit (or the lower jawline trimmed), cheekbones should be sharper, face should be smoother. While the nose is the correct shape for Orlando, it needs to be just a little longer. Also the hairline is a bit high, but I'm figuring the paint will blend that all in so it's not a big deal.

Back