Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f4521040f2ed563a9a1555cd63c574f7.jpg
119d3318ce67247b45b72282eb057fe7.jpg
31917c696f2963f6bbd43125d1c4b34d.jpg

Absolutely awesome.
I concur: this is the way Asmus should go.
Andrea, thanks for posting. May I ask how much did this cost you?
Thanks!
m.

Great pics Pizza! :clap

Hoping Asmus do another Legolas figure at some point as I wasn't collecting the line when this one was released. :pray:

So glad to see this figure get some love. The hair isn't perfect but the clothing and accessories are excellent. Really underrated, this one.

So glad to see this figure get some love. The hair isn't perfect but the clothing and accessories are excellent. Really underrated, this one.

Great pics:clap. Glad I own him for sure. Bard I think too is a great fig that may not have gotten the luv it deserved.

I am probably going to grab one of these but I keep reading that the sculpted hair is not good in person...Michael Crawford?s review in particular expressed a lot of disappointment and suggested that the hair brought the entire figure down. It looks great to me in these pictures. Any thoughts on the sculpted hair quality from folks who have this in hand?

I am probably going to grab one of these but I keep reading that the sculpted hair is not good in person...Michael Crawford?s review in particular expressed a lot of disappointment and suggested that the hair brought the entire figure down. It looks great to me in these pictures. Any thoughts on the sculpted hair quality from folks who have this in hand?

Think the hair sculpt is OK, probably, IMO the paint on mine is unfortunate. Looks too thickly applied or something. Could probably be improved if u know what u are doing. It's a very nice fig, looks fine on the shelf. If u really need a Legolas I wouldn't pass up unless u need utter perfection. I wouldn't mind owning another since I have more than one Thranduil to go with. Not sure I would pay a really bloated price tho, as figure it's likely either ASMUS or another company might re-release one day.

The hair has a pretty soft sculpt and is painted too yellow so if you’re inspecting it up close you can understand people’s criticisms but when you’re looking at the figure as whole it really doesn’t matter because everything else is great. So long as you’re able to not solely fixate on the one weak area then you should be happy with him. I know I am.

Thanks so much for the detailed and insightful replies! I am very much in the forgiving camp so unless it is egregiously bad I will more than likely be ok with it! I have been revisiting the films and have fallen in love with them all over again. Haven?t had LOTR figures since the old Toy Biz day?s the first time around. I am just beginning to dip my toes in the Asmus line and Legolas feels like an essential piece.

Back