Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Link seems dead. What was it.

It's a video review. You can just search ToysTv on facebook and find it.
Certain aspects look good, others not so much.
Not a fan of the gap in the neck to head sculpt.
Troll head looks really cool.
Quality of things like arm bands and weapons look good.
Hair looks like it needs a repaint.

Can't wait for it to arrive to see it in person, usually more happy with figures in hand :)

It's a video review. You can just search ToysTv on facebook and find it.
Certain aspects look good, others not so much.
Not a fan of the gap in the neck to head sculpt.
Troll head looks really cool.
Quality of things like arm bands and weapons look good.
Hair looks like it needs a repaint.

Can't wait for it to arrive to see it in person, usually more happy with figures in hand :)

I think the long neck will look OK once his cloak is on, seems to be the case with their other figures.

Anyway, can't wait for it to arrive either to see how it looks in hand.

Looks nice overall!! Gimli's head sculpt looks great, if a tad too big. Not too sure about the new Hobbit head sculpts though - they look just as weird as the original ones! Either way, I'm glad we'll finally have the whole Fellowship completed!

01.jpg

Agreed, those hobbit sculpts still need some work but they are going in the right direction. Gimli looks amazing though!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I'm liking the revised Frodo & Sam. Merry & Pippin are fine, although Pippin hair seems a little flat. Gimli looks impressive and Boromir has improved greatly

Gimli looks awesome! All four hobbits look ok but I wouldn't say that much better. The sculpts/renders looked amazing. While the paint quality looks good they really seem to struggle with getting the actual likeness. They always lose something from sculpt to paint. Anyways I won't get too judgie when it's one photo.

Boromir looks great here as well :)
Overall I'm happy with what I'm seeing.

Boromir, Gimli and Legolas are top notch. Getting those three for sure.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I'm getting them all.

Frodo's and Merry's sculpts looks significantly better than the initial release.

Sam looks good but I didn't have a problem with the original sculpt.

Pippin is still off and I still think it's the eyes or that area.

Boromir looks fantastic!

Legolas and Gimli look very good. Sign says that prototype Gimli noggin will be smaller in production, so no problem there.

Aragorn looks strange in that shot. It's as if he's about to cry. Definitely the photo, as in all other pics he does look pretty good.

I still need to pick up a Gandalf the Grey. I have the Sideshow version but would like to get the Asmus one as well.

I'm getting them all.

Frodo's and Merry's sculpts looks significantly better than the initial release.

Sam looks good but I didn't have a problem with the original sculpt.

Pippin is still off and I still think it's the eyes or that area.

Boromir looks fantastic!

Legolas and Gimli look very good. Sign says that prototype Gimli noggin will be smaller in production, so no problem there.

Aragorn looks strange in that shot. It's as if he's about to cry. Definitely the photo, as in all other pics he does look pretty good.

I still need to pick up a Gandalf the Grey. I have the Sideshow version but would like to get the Asmus one as well.

I think I'm right there with you on pretty much everything. I can't really tell on Sam because of the angle of the picture, but Frodo looks great. Merry looks solid, but I'm not loving Pip. Boromir is heading in the right direction and is now looking like I will pick him up. Aragorn looks off because of the way they styled his hair, but I still think he looks good. Gimli looks like a fantastic start. Legolas looks the best out of everyone in that picture. I just wish they could have had an updated Gandalf sculpt ready for this show, but that's okay. If this is all they are showing for Middle-Earth, that would be slightly disappointing, as there's no real surprise here, but overall it looks like a solid showing from Asmus.

Very solid indeed. I can't wait to get Legolas and aragorn as I think they look like the best 2 there.

But they all look great. Boromir too. Really tempted by him. And gimli. I must admit it will be hard resisting having the 3 orc hunters together on the shelf!

No word on Legolas shipping yet from asmus in terms of emails, I messaged them again yesterday through Facebook and they said they are shipping this week in order of payments received, whereas on here a member from asmus said all online orders had shipped. I've been told different things by different people at asmus. Who knows, I suppose he will get here when he gets here!

Great work all around, I think. :clap:clap

The whole Fellowship together for the first time!

If I had the display space, a nice, custom light-up Moria door tableau would be fabulous.

Check your junk folder for tracking, guys. I got mine this morning and I was a first week preorder.

Back