Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a hand holding a staff behind Gimli??
Could that be the white wizard with a new HS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wonder how that braided moustache/beard will turn out. I also hope that the 2.0 sculpts will be ready for SDCC but that is asking too much I guess. I'm already stoked to see Gimli. One of the top 3 figures I'm dying to see.

So far he looks good even with sculpted beard, I am concerned a bit because from that Photo he doesnt really look taller than Pippin (20.5cm) next to him, I hope that only my eyes deceive me as he should be around 24 cm.

Is that a hand holding a staff behind Gimli??
Could that be the white wizard with a new HS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean on the right*? I think that is Legolas with his bow.

Gimli!

Can't wait to see more!

(Not sure if that's the white wizard. Judging by the more organic shape of the staff, he might still be grey ...)

EDIT: Ah. Yes, I think that's probably Legolas.

It also looks like he's wearing the helmet. But that is pretty much a given because most of us will display him with his full battle gear.

Can't wait to see the full reveal. Hopefully people take lots of pictures for those of us who will not be there. So close to having a complete fellowship!

Can't wait to see the full reveal. Hopefully people take lots of pictures for those of us who will not be there. So close to having a complete fellowship!

Depends what you call close, even with a reveal next week, at earliest its gonna be Q4 this Year, around november-december, so for a huge Gimli fan like me it feels really far away :lol

So far he looks good even with sculpted beard, I am concerned a bit because from that Photo he doesnt really look taller than Pippin (20.5cm) next to him, I hope that only my eyes deceive me as he should be around 24 cm.

Looks like a rooted beard to me :dunno

Hard to tell much of anything from the picture (other than the fact that the outfit is looking pretty great!), but it does kind of look like the two braids in his beard are a little stiff and kind of sticking out at angles rather than laying straight down with the unbraided middle portion of the beard. I wonder if some hot water/hair product could help?

(And yes, I know I'm speculating about a thing I can barely see. But that's kind of what we're all here for, isn't it?)

Can't wait to see more!

Really looking forward to a new Gandalf the White.... A new /slim version is needed, bah, I need it!

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk

Question to Asmus:
If Gimli is going to be shown now at SDCC, then that means that the release date wont happen in 2017 but in 2018?
Guessing from the fact that Boromir is shown on many webshops as being available december 2017-First Quarter 2018.

Back