Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been confirmed we will be getting an updated gandalf but wilhe be grey or white

I put a Vote Forward 1/6 Radagast The Brown

Nothing really new, but just to let you know...
:)

IMG_7866.JPG

I will definitely be ordering this. Gandalf is one of my favorite fictional characters of all time, and he's sorely underrepresented in my collection.

Really looking forward to seeing what they do with him. I have all the Asmus figures, but the original Gandalf the Grey is the only member of the Fellowship that I don't have displayed. Not sure why. Just wasn't blown away by him. I really should revisit.

Same! Frodo and Sam are a tad lonely on the shelf. Gandalf (and Gollum) are all the space and budget I have to represent LOTR in my collection, but the other figs have looked great. I had to really restrain myself when Gimli was released. That’s stunning. I’m hoping Asmus can knock a new Gandalf out of the park too![emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is Asmus changing the HS as well? Or just a hair swap?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I hope its a new headsculp, the prototype pictured years back had potential but the figure we got was a let down.
Asmus GTW looks like a figure based on the Return of the King Ps2 game, he needs re-doing desperately with real hair.
GTG the only complaint is the head, theres maybe 20% of ian which is terrible when compared to the new thorin and bilbo and gimli who look amazing, the thin hair is a let down and the beard doesn't look good at all.

I actually used to like the Gandalf headsculpt... until I saw some of the amazing rehaired (and bearded) headsculpt on this forum! Hopefully the experience with bearded Gimli will inspire Asmus to create a new head for Gandalf! I also hope I can get it without having to buy a whole figure... sort of like what they’ve done for Frodo.

Wouldn't this "have" to be a slim version so as to not cheese off the people who got the first GtG? I would like a retooled head sculpt with fewer accessories at a lower price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wouldn't this "have" to be a slim version so as to not cheese off the people who got the first GtG? I would like a retooled head sculpt with fewer accessories at a lower price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd imagine it'll be a slim version similar to Aragorn. I just want a classic, FOTR Gandalf the Grey! Hopefully they'll include his hooded cloak from the start of the movie and the hoodless Moria robe too so you can switch it up.

I'd imagine it'll be a slim version similar to Aragorn. I just want a classic, FOTR Gandalf the Grey! Hopefully they'll include his hooded cloak from the start of the movie and the hoodless Moria robe too so you can switch it up.

As long as the head sculpt is good (perhaps upgraded/retooled), and it has a hat/staff/sword ... that's all I need. :pray:

Back