Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God bless them! Most companies just leave it alone once they release a figure and never seem to come back and make 2.0s or expansion packs to improve the original release. I wish Hot Toys would do a 2.0 Dutch from Predator. I just felt the shirt was too pooffy and the his headsculpt was too small so I settled for the NECA versions.

dsc02019.jpg

dsc02022.jpg

dsc02021.jpg

First modification ever. I'm rather new to this hobby

I think it turned out okay, with the hat at least :D The hairline doesn't look perfect, but I don't care. It is good enough for showcasing in my shelf.

God bless them! Most companies just leave it alone once they release a figure and never seem to come back and make 2.0s or expansion packs to improve the original release. I wish Hot Toys would do a 2.0 Dutch from Predator. I just felt the shirt was too pooffy and the his headsculpt was too small so I settled for the NECA versions.

Yeah - outstanding of ASMUS. Tho I'd buy another GOTG - I think he's great - just to me his nose is too wide, and I'd love rooted hair and beard. But he's a great fig; beautiful job on the cloak especially.

I’m guessing the in progress head sculpt I post from Shand a few pages back is the one they are working on.
I asked him for an update and he said soon

I really hope that isn't the new version as the sculpted beard sucks and looks too similar to the old, Hobbit era version. Let's just hope it's just a place holder for a rooted beard! Come on Asmus, Fellowship of the Ring McKellen or go home :)

I was 100% in the "all sculpted" camp on Gandalf for a long time. I liked the previous Gandalf the Grey, but the mix of sculpted and rooted threw off my eye. It was a good try, but didn't quite hit for me.

Then one thing turned me around completely, launching me totally into the "all rooted" camp:

Gimli.

They set the bar high for themselves on that one and then soared over it.

:clap

Yes!! That looks so good. Almost time to retire my old Toy Biz/Sideshow kit bash version! ;)

Back