Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I feel like an idiot not realizing that I could have checked there... Was thinking to buy a whole first release figure just for the boots and a couple other accessories

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Pretty much what I did lol. I found first release for retail price, and after I received and checked it out, went to Asmus site to order the head only but found they were sold out. Although now I can pick and choose what I like from both sets. Works out in the end. Can't wait to get home tomorrow and open the Slim up to play with my dollies hair :)

Please....where to find a replacement Hand ( wrist )Peg for Aragorn.
Help needed ,please with Aragorn Broken Wrist peg.
I was switching the fist hand to the one holding the sword, and the wrist peg broke from the end inside the hand.
Where can I find a Hand Peg that fits this figure?

I'm sorry, I just don't get the praise for this head sculpt. Why does he constantly look like a cross-eyed nitwit?
I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees it. Dunno if it's just a case of bad lighting or what. I have the head on order still waiting for shipping, but it's as bad as people are saying I'm going to look at swapping the faces with the first release.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If anyone who bought the head from Asmus with the rooted hair has decided they don't want it anymore, let me know. I'm looking for one!

I'm also looking to buy the rooted head (ideally from someone in the UK) if anyone decides to sell :)

Please....where to find a replacement Hand ( wrist )Peg for Aragorn.
Help needed ,please with Aragorn Broken Wrist peg.
I was switching the fist hand to the one holding the sword, and the wrist peg broke from the end inside the hand.
Where can I find a Hand Peg that fits this figure?

If they are the same as Gandalf's then any Hot Toys wrist peg will work. My Gandalf the Grey had his break off in the arm as well. I had to drill it out with a pin vice but once I did one of Obi Wan's spare wrist pegs fit right in.

Yeah, it's standard. Actually, he comes with a couple extra? You should see them in the tray. But if not -

Here you go:

https://toyanxiety.com/legolas-hand-joint/

Or, if eBay's ok: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-x-1-6...353153&hash=item4b0752d7b1:g:V9YAAOSwX61ZJvvS

Probably cost you about $5, unless you have one lying around from another figure (over the years, I've collected about a hundred of them).

Thank you Travis and thecpn
Very much appreciated your help

Just got shipping notice for Aragorn upgrade!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If possible, please could someone who owns this figure take some pictures of the new sword - some nice close ups? Even better - a comparison with the original one?

Many thanks :)

Received mine a few days ago but the "neck peg" is missing... Would be interesting to know if I'm the only one...
Otherwise it's a huge improvement, I find this head is really good and the paintwork is better than the first. Other pics when I have some time to futz him.
:)

IMG_4545.JPG

I don't understand;doesn't your original figure already have a neck peg? IIRC, the original release came with two molded-hair heads, which could be swapped out, so you shouldn't need another neck peg unless yours broke.

*edit*
Unless you mean you received a complete "slim" figure, not just the haired replacement head. If that's the case, yeah, it sucks that the neck leg was missing.

I don't understand;doesn't your original figure already have a neck peg? IIRC, the original release came with two molded-hair heads, which could be swapped out, so you shouldn't need another neck peg unless yours broke.

*edit*
Unless you mean you received a complete "slim" figure, not just the haired replacement head. If that's the case, yeah, it sucks that the neck leg was missing.

False the original figure’s head had a built in neck peg so there are no extra pegs for the people who bought the original to work with.
So I really hope asmus doesn’t ship all the heads without pegs because that’s going to create some issues.

Yeah, that original Aragorn head is kind of weird. It's three distinct pieces (if you pull it apart), the face, the hair sculpt, and an odd kind of geometric block with a built-in neck peg. It's a peculiar design. I've owned a couple hundred figures over the years and I've never seen one put together quite like that.

Yeah, that original Aragorn head is kind of weird. It's three distinct pieces (if you pull it apart), the face, the hair sculpt, and an odd kind of geometric block with a built-in neck peg. It's a peculiar design. I've owned a couple hundred figures over the years and I've never seen one put together quite like that.

Yeah it through me off too when. I took it apart. Anyways, if Asmus is listening (and they tend to do that) INCLUDE NECK PEGS WITH THE HEADSCULPT

Yeah it through me off too when. I took it apart. Anyways, if Asmus is listening (and they tend to do that) INCLUDE NECK PEGS WITH THE HEADSCULPT

Little late at this point since they shipped them already.

Back