Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez. I really hope that was a single one off mistake. If they ship all the heads without a neck peg that's just silly.

Anyone having an issue with the sword falling out? The sheath sits kind of "balanced" on the belt and it's constantly tipping forward. Do I have this on wrong?

Anyone having an issue with the sword falling out? The sheath sits kind of "balanced" on the belt and it's constantly tipping forward. Do I have this on wrong?

I had a similar issue that I “fixed” by adjusting the strappings on the sheath to rest close to the top of the setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A25D699A-1726-46B6-9AD4-4255BA0640DF.jpg

DF29F1DE-1D19-49A4-B745-BDF330451304.jpg

Does anyone have a clear photo of the new sculpted boots? I can't tell if they look weird or not!

Anyone who has the new slim version- is the cape the original material that is a pain to futz or the new material they used in legolas’s?

Anyone who has the new slim version- is the cape the original material that is a pain to futz or the new material they used in legolas’s?

It’s not the same as Legolas’ or the first Aragorn at least to me it feels different than the other two. I would rank them as Legolas’ being the best followed by the slim and the original being last.

Got my head today, but no neck peg on mine either, so I can't really see how it will look with the new head. I like the paint job on the first head better. Hopefully Asmus can provide some information on the missing neck peg soon.

Received my Updated Asmus Aragorn Head and decided to keep my haired original head. The likeness just wasn't there with the new headsculpt. Mainly due to the crap paint. And I felt the hair they used was too dark. Unfortunate. But sometimes you don't realize what you have right in front of you is already pretty darn good. Hope Asmus Hobbit sculpts turn out. IMG_20171007_184833_324.jpgIMG_20171007_184426_041.jpgIMG_20171007_184336_695.jpgIMG_20171007_184241_995.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Received my Updated Asmus Aragorn Head and decided to keep my haired original head. The likeness just wasn't there with the new headsculpt. Mainly due to the crap paint. And I felt the hair they used was too dark. Unfortunate. But sometimes you don't realize what you have right in front of you is already pretty darn good. Hope Asmus Hobbit sculpts turn out. View attachment 370335View attachment 370336View attachment 370337View attachment 370338

I think your original Aragorn is awesome. Are the sculpts the same? Just not as good of paint?

I think your original Aragorn is awesome. Are the sculpts the same? Just not as good of paint?
Thanks, I'm not 100% sure but they seem similar. Asmus would have to confirm. If they are the same it's definitely the paint that's throwing it off. Maybe with a decent repaint it'll come out the winner, that's why I'm going to hang on to the new head to see if anyone does something with it. But in the mean time I'm happy with the original head. I'm just praying the hobbits turn out.

Just noticed that the new sculpted boots are just one sculpt but flipped for the other foot. I knew they looked weird/rubbish but couldn't put my finger on it at first as to why. Plus, looking at the promo shots for the Slim version, the prototype even had the old Sideshow boots on! I can't help but feel like this release is just a total sidestep when we should be closer to getting the definite Aragorn. We shouldn't have to be kit bashing old figures to get there at this stage.

No neck peg for me....I think that's how they were shipped honestly....luckily I have extra stuff like pegs to make that work

Got mine! will upload some hires pics of the head sculpt soon - it looks pretty good in person
IMG_0463.jpg

Back