Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel mostly the head sculpt is off and that hair isn't great either. The prototype head was better quality.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I knew this would be the case but its totally a complete 180.. which is why I did not wait to rework my original one.

I'm not always quick to defend Asmus... and Im not really doing that here, but one thing I will say is that there is no way that any mass produced haired head from any company can look as good as their prototype.

Technology and materials just does't exist for that.

Why I find disappointing most is the paint job. Mostly just because they have improved a bit on that lately.

But if anyone was expecting the prototype I'd be highly disappointed if I were them right now.

Your belt is definitely on the correct way - I think Asmus have glued the whetstone on the wrong side.

No doubt about it
Aragorn3.jpg

Yes its mostly the paint on the face that is disappointing - the original was much better. In addition the hard boots are terrible.

Not always, sometimes its even better than the prototype. Legolas was great from start to finish. In addition the paint job on their last Aragorn was a lot better.

Yes its mostly the paint on the face that is disappointing - the original was much better. In addition the hard boots are terrible.

The boots are actually soft rubber and once you stick feet in there the ankle articulation is pretty good

Well okay, I mostly meant they are one piece of plastic/rubber... the issue is they don't look nearly as authentic as the fabric boots previously released. In addition the articulation is still probably not as good but I'm not sure on that part.

Well okay, I mostly meant they are one piece of plastic/rubber... the issue is they don't look nearly as authentic as the fabric boots previously released. In addition the articulation is still probably not as good but I'm not sure on that part.

Yeah I'd totally have preferred the cloth boots

I sent a message to asmus on how to remove the extra glue on the hair and this is the response they gave me and the result, thanks
d36ea636b949c819e06017d7c4766ab2.jpg
dcdcdb0efe1e6c00bdb04fbf93d4d741.jpg

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

You just pulled the boots? And does it have a peg on it? Thanks

Yeah the boots are just held on by being jammed onto the legs, just pull down on them and they will come right off. There are ankle peg/ball on aragorns legs so popping feet on is no problem. I did cut the feet down to a wedge shape to make it easier to get into the boot though

Yeah the boots are just held on by being jammed onto the legs, just pull down on them and they will come right off. There are ankle peg/ball on aragorns legs so popping feet on is no problem. I did cut the feet down to a wedge shape to make it easier to get into the boot though
Thank thainitty, will try it today [emoji106]

Wow I feel like an idiot not realizing that I could have checked there... Was thinking to buy a whole first release figure just for the boots and a couple other accessories

Back