Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count me in if it is available with War Boar. I support non articulated boar too. Cheers !!!

Weta only made 800 of these so get your orders in. I personally love the hobbit battle of five armies and don't think it's a silly movie at all. I love all Lotr movies as well.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Can someone please post more pictures of this guy ??? I need to collect more data on this to decide wether or not to pull the plug . Please !!!!!

Well, if Asmus is serious about making a Dain/Boar combo, I vote for a non-articulated boar. I think it would look better and be a lot more stable as a solid, statue-style piece that you can pose the figure on top of.

Despite the fact that I wasn't crazy about the Hobbit movies, I would totally be down for a Dain/Boar set. Great character and costume design. (Even if the character in the movie was a little silly.)

Yes, no more articulated animals.

Still hoping for non-articulated horses.

Anybody get this from sideshow collectibles yet ?

Yep, got him yesterday!
I actually placed what I thought was a pre-order (using $70 in RPs) last Wednesday, and was stunned when I received a shipment notification a few hours later!

How is it ? Did you set him up yet ?

Just took a quick look at him, haven't had a chance to unbox and set him up yet.
I was a detractor early on, I thought the ACI looked better, but in-hand I have to say I favor the Asmus version. I'll know more when I set him up this weekend.

Yep, got him yesterday!
I actually placed what I thought was a pre-order (using $70 in RPs) last Wednesday, and was stunned when I received a shipment notification a few hours later!

WTF??? I'm seriously quite irritated w/ Sideshow now. I preordered Aragorn from them back in AUGUST, and just yesterday got the "shipping soon" email. No shipment notification or anything. F you, Sideshow. F you.

At least you got him, Warlock, that means maybe I'll have mine by May or June -_-

acf298d65db013eaef2fd3b359fb306c.jpg
a4480e93b611b8c3e4dccfa28aad50a2.jpg
36f311771a65455bcaa73cc5778564d2.jpg
284def81023a150c4cb7ab4c0e657c1f.jpg
b9ca2c2f3be54b3cda3181ef5820cff3.jpg

Here's my aragorn I got from bbts in December. Very pleased with him apart from the horrible hair sculpt. That's why I did some custom work. The hair was very easy to pull off. I think the real hair compliments Saruman better too though I've yet to get him. Sorry for all of you still waiting for sideshow... That sucks hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acf298d65db013eaef2fd3b359fb306c.jpg
a4480e93b611b8c3e4dccfa28aad50a2.jpg
36f311771a65455bcaa73cc5778564d2.jpg
284def81023a150c4cb7ab4c0e657c1f.jpg
b9ca2c2f3be54b3cda3181ef5820cff3.jpg

Here's my aragorn I got from bbts in December. Very pleased with him apart from the horrible hair sculpt. That's why I did some custom work. The hair was very easy to pull off. I think the real hair compliments Saruman better too though I've yet to get him. Sorry for all of you still waiting for sideshow... That sucks hard

That's beautifully done. What hair did you use to complete that look? Just got mine yesterday from sideshow and I'd love to do it for mine as well.

72d2b3ce5c84419980c44d959dc07116.jpg

8a5c21fe111b21dc3464a8e955bcce57.jpg

A couple pics of mine. I love him, but after seeing the above results I wanna do the hair mod. Just need to find out where to get that wavy brown hair from.

That's beautifully done. What hair did you use to complete that look? Just got mine yesterday from sideshow and I'd love to do it for mine as well.

Thanks. I just ordered some mocha brown color Tibetan lamb fur from eBay (only 6$). Then I used some sculpy to fill the scalp. All in all a fairly easy project. It was my first custom job and I was surprised how easy it was. I recommend everyone doing it with their aragorn. It makes a HUGE difference and the original hair sculpt is so easy to pull off.

Back