Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I completely disagree. I think the face sculpt on the ACI one looks nothing like Viggo, whereas the newest Asmus sculpt is, in my opinion, very, very close. We shall wait and see how it looks painted up.

As for the clothes, we haven't seen Asmus' yet, but ACI's looks like really good material, but it looks thick and bulky in the body, and pretty restricting in the arms.

Completely agree. The ACI clothes look great but there's little to no weathering with the edges of the coat and jerkin being straight cut and not torn/ripped looking. but just the small bit of the Asmus clothing that we've seen looks pretty beat up and worn which is awesome.

I do wonder how the weapons will compare

Is there a parts list out yet? I wonder how the amount of content will compare to aci

I'm definitely leaning towards ACI if they can get the hair and paint right. ACI Aragorn is still strides above the Asmus one.

Would they be doing anything more to it since it's up for pre-sell?

I'm waiting for Asmus' reveal. I'm betting it has the better likeness.

Yeah, it's definitely a bit too wide, but based on how Gandalf turned out ... maybe he'll get squished into perfection. :lol

Joking aside, though, it's a huge improvement. And I think even at this point, it's one of the best Viggo likenesses I've seen.

Fingers crossed the rest of the figure comes together this well!

I think this is a hard angle to go off of and the photoshop paint is just a placeholder. ACI has thrown down the gauntlet so Asmus knows what it has to shoot for. I'm 99% going to buy the ACI. As long as Asmus brings this one home, I'll buy it as well. Right now ACI's looks kind of like the pretty boy and Asmus's is looking like the rugged fella.

I think this is a hard angle to go off of and the photoshop paint is just a placeholder. ACI has thrown down the gauntlet so Asmus knows what it has to shoot for. I'm 99% going to buy the ACI. As long as Asmus brings this one home, I'll buy it as well. Right now ACI's looks kind of like the pretty boy and Asmus's is looking like the rugged fella.

Like I said in the ACI thread. Seems like there's pictures of more than one sculpt. ACI's looks good from the one angle, but the closeup looks terrible to me.

The clothes and accessories are what will set the two apart. I think they both leave a lot to be desired in the headsculpt department.

Asmus Brown horse - NOT billed as Brego.

1534748_10152242305316968_7421842938778779093_o.jpg

10414495_10152242305401968_8782956317830186982_n.jpg

10379536_10152242305496968_5906895857258155258_o.jpg

10641294_10152242305441968_8450101801527760752_n.jpg

10628025_10152242305601968_6659380950470939886_n.jpg

Smart move as "brown horse" probably does not require royalties. And same goes to the white one. But the white socks and spot on the forehead says Brego.
Just one thing...whatever happened to the beautiful velvet covering we saw on Nazgul's?

Smart move as "brown horse" probably does not require royalties. And same goes to the white one. But the white socks and spot on the forehead says Brego.
Just one thing...whatever happened to the beautiful velvet covering we saw on Nazgul's?

I don't think Brego had four white socks.

A good thing about this and ACI is that they compete, they absolutely HAVE to get the best work out there because most of us have only room for 1 Aragorn. So yeah.

I'm not a sculptor and don't know what it entails but it's hard to believe it's taking this long to re sculpt a head sculpt. Now would be the perfect time for Asmus to unveil Aragorn with many of us reeling from the sticker shock of the ACI Aragorn.

No news for 18 or so days, give us some hope asmus

Apologies Freaks for the bump

Back