Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are updating pretty much every other day. Not sure how a small company could work faster.

maybe 1/8th of an inch lower on the hairline, and maybe a few strands over the forehead... either sculpted onto the headsculpt, or if the hair is a separate element... that minor thing will really bring this one home!!!

maybe 1/8th of an inch lower on the hairline, and maybe a few strands over the forehead... either sculpted onto the headsculpt, or if the hair is a separate element... that minor thing will really bring this one home!!!

I think that's the only thing I could see to improve as well. That'd bring to 100% for me

Congrats Asmus, the hard work paid! One of the best aragorn sculpt I've seen so far, maybe the best when it is finished and painted. Bravo!

I never realized just how many people were following this line here until now.

I think a lot of people are rooting for them. Not many small companies like this succeed In all their goals. I think we can all agree we'd like to see asmus here for good. I'm fairly new to collecting, but I like in interacting with the smaller companies. Even though I love hot toys and all. Not to mention its lord of the the rings!

Quick digibash of what may be...

arabash_zpsffc2c30e.jpg

Hellova sculpt, IMHO.

OMG EYES ARE TOO BIG..he reminds me the roger rabbit enemy..

The level of Asmus' fan interaction and responsiveness is really what's getting me hooked on this company right now. If they can keep that up, that will be amazing and they'll keep me as a customer for a good long while.

And I don't mean that they must always do whatever we demand the minute we demand it. But the simple fact that they acknowledge us at all is SUCH a step up from what we're used to in this hobby. Sideshow does a nice job with their customer service department and they actually do a lot of social media outreach when it comes to products that have already been produced, but they are frustratingly tight-lipped when it comes to their development process. By the time they show us anything, it's already a fait acomplit and there's no changing anything no matter how politely or loudly we ask.

And Hot Toys ... might as well shout into the wind. The best you're ever going to get out of them is a robo "thanks for your interest in Hot Toys" e-mail. Infuriating.

I understand that these are artists and they want/expect/deserve a certain amount of flexibility and freedom to realize their visions. Sure, I get that. Absolutely. And I also know you can't design a high end collectible by just asking the Internet ... because that's just inviting chaos and you're never going to please all the collectors out there. But there's got to be some middle ground between giving us every single thing we ever ask for ... and the great wall of silence we're used to.

And I think Asmus is doing that balancing act really, really well right now. Bravo, guys. Seriously.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Viggo is not an easy likeness to get right. but this is the best asmus hs to date. He should have a jaw/chin like a hairy brick :) thats his strongest feature. Cant wait to see more

The likeness is a vast improvement. We're still missing the upper lip scar and the hairline needs to come down and the hair overall needs work.

Aragorn---Viggo-Mortensen3.jpg

Last edited:
I just can't stop looking at this thing. I really think it's one of the top Aragorn sculpts I've seen. Even at this relatively early stage, I think it's better than Sideshow's PF, and it's pretty darn close to being better than their 1/6 maquette (my two top favorite Viggo likenesses). There may have been some custom heads over the years that I missed, but as far as non-statues go, I think this is definitely the closest sculpt I can recall seeing.

What do you guys think? Am I forgetting any?

I can't walk out on that limb with you. It looks better but need to see the paint and production version before I go with ya. Both of those pieces especially the maquette are better than this, IMO. Especially the maquette as that is the best Viggo piece I've owned in the years I've been collecting Middle-earth.

I never realized just how many people were following this line here until now.

Does appear this line is getting a following. I just hope people will stay calm and respectful.

I think a lot of people are rooting for them. Not many small companies like this succeed In all their goals. I think we can all agree we'd like to see asmus here for good. I'm fairly new to collecting, but I like in interacting with the smaller companies. Even though I love hot toys and all. Not to mention its lord of the the rings!

Yeah, I agree, I think a lot of people have been waiting for a quality 1/6 LOTR line.
I hope they succeed and that they keep on going , churning out better and better items and more characters;)
Just today I was admiring my Witch King's pose , fixing the sleeves etc.

Yeah, I agree, I think a lot of people have been waiting for a quality 1/6 LOTR line.
I hope they succeed and that they keep on going , churning out better and better items and more characters;)
Just today I was admiring my Witch King's pose , fixing the sleeves etc.

Do you have a picture of the pose you have him in? I've been trying to get ideas for mine. Like the one he's in. Just wanna mix it up a bit

Back