Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks much, much better. Nose and eyes are a big improvement. I think the hair needs a bit more volume than the drenched look, but all in all very good.

That's waaaay improved! Can't wait to see what that looks like with details! I'm excited for Aragorn now!

Fantastic job! And extremely fast. I'll be pre ordering this as soon as available. I didn't want to go with aci because I preferred to keep it one brand for the lotr line. Also, something I don't think people put much thought into is the communication. It's really fun to be part of the building process. Which is something I don't think you find often. You guys look like your pulling it off again! Excited to see the full figure when it's ready. Now if we could get arwen with Aragorn... Dream would be complete!

well the sculpt is nice, but that body is SO crappy!!! ;)

well now... THIS is SO much better!! structure is WAY more solid this time... nose looks great... eyes are sunken... needs the little scar on his upper lip, but from here, I'm IN!!!!

I really appreciate you guys showing things at this stage, and for taking the (good) criticism to heart, and letting the rest slide off your back. keep them updates coming!!!

Wow! I am amazed they resculpted it that fast! That is definitely a big improvement. Now if they can give it a realistic factory paint they might restore my faith.

The good news there is that Asmus seems to have really good paintwork thus far with the two orcs and Gandalf (Gandalf being the best indication of course).

Clearly Asmus is celebrating right now.

And that sculptor has passed out from lack of sleep. But he's kept his job and earned the high praise of a selfish few. What could be more rewarding?

I just can't stop looking at this thing. I really think it's one of the top Aragorn sculpts I've seen. Even at this relatively early stage, I think it's better than Sideshow's PF, and it's pretty darn close to being better than their 1/6 maquette (my two top favorite Viggo likenesses). There may have been some custom heads over the years that I missed, but as far as non-statues go, I think this is definitely the closest sculpt I can recall seeing.

What do you guys think? Am I forgetting any?

Quick digibash of what may be...

arabash_zpsffc2c30e.jpg

Hellova sculpt, IMHO.

Back