Asmus Toys 1:6 - Saruman the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Asmus Toys : Saruman the white thread

Figure looks really good. I don't know why i keep coming to this section of the forum. I am trying not to buy these figures.

:lol Me too...I'm only looking - that's what I keep telling myself. Knowing me I'll probably cave in pretty soon and buy one! :slap

Something about the hair leads me astray, i do not know if its the reflecting light environment the picture was taken or the real hair on the figure imbued with silky white; looks a bit ethereal white compared to the whole figure. I always though Saruman the white was entirely matching white from hair to clothes. But I might be wrong. What do you guys think ?

Something about the hair leads me astray, i do not know if its the reflecting light environment the picture was taken or the real hair on the figure imbued with silky white; looks a bit ethereal white compared to the whole figure. I always though Saruman the white was entirely matching white from hair to clothes. But I might be wrong. What do you guys think ?

He wasn't

"In appearance, Saruman was as an old man with black hair. At the end of the Third Age, his hair and beard had turned mostly white — he had only black hairs about his lips and ears. He was tall, his face was long, and his eyes were deep and dark. He would appear in a white cloak, a habit he later changed into a cloak that changed colours as he moved."

His hair was originally black , but it turned white as the millennia passed. There was a quote somewhere about strands of black and grey.
His clothes were originally pearly white, but then he donned the title of "Saruman of the many colours". It changed colour as the light shone on it, and as he moved.
I can't find the exact quotes at the moment, but to me ,the figure is a perfect representation thus far. Its an interpretation. They couldn't make a many coloured camouflage robe for Saruman.
Saruman made himself a ring of power, but we are never shown it.
He presents himself as "Saruman ring-maker"

He wasn't

"In appearance, Saruman was as an old man with black hair. At the end of the Third Age, his hair and beard had turned mostly white — he had only black hairs about his lips and ears. He was tall, his face was long, and his eyes were deep and dark. He would appear in a white cloak, a habit he later changed into a cloak that changed colours as he moved."

His hair was originally black , but it turned white as the millennia passed. There was a quote somewhere about strands of black and grey.
His clothes were originally pearly white, but then he donned the title of "Saruman of the many colours". It changed colour as the light shone on it, and as he moved.
I can't find the exact quotes at the moment, but to me ,the figure is a perfect representation thus far. Its an interpretation. They couldn't make a many coloured camouflage robe for Saruman.
Saruman made himself a ring of power, but we are never shown it.
He presents himself as "Saruman ring-maker"

Where are you taking these from? I just finished re-reading the LOTR trilogy and the Hobbit before that and just about to dive into the appendixes but they didn't mention most of the stuff you quoted there in the LOTR text itself and I would like to read the stuff you are talking about. I have the Simirilion too and I don't remember that being mentioned in there either.

I have the boxset with the history of middle earth, its 12 books, I'll try to find the source, I read it a while ago. But I remember that it mentioned that the Istari had bodies that aged, but slowly. Saruman arrived with black hair and white robes. The flesh they wore ( the mortal bodies) gave them mortal concerns, limited their abilities and their knowledge. Thats why Gandalf and Saruman aren't as wise in all matters as they would be in Valinor. They were sent as councilors and they couldn't manifest their true powers and capacities.

From an essay on the Istari written by Tolkien in 1954:
For with the consent of Eru they sent members of their own high order, but clad in bodies as of Men, real and not feigned, but subject to the fears and pains and weariness of earth, able to hunger and thirst and be slain; though because of their noble spirits they did not die, and aged only by the cares and labours of many long years. And this the Valar did, desiring to amend the errors of old, especially that they had attempted to guard and seclude the Eldar by their own might and glory fully revealed; whereas now their emissaries were forbidden to reveal themselves in forms of majesty, or to seek to rule the wills of Men or Elves by open displays of power, but coming in shapes weak and humble were bidden to advise and persuade Men and Elves to good, and seek to to unite in love and understanding all those whom Sauron, should he come again, would endeavour to dominate and corrupt

In the unfinished tales, if I recall correctly, its mentioned that he arrived with "Raven hair"

"The first to come was one of noble mien and bearing, with raven hair, and a fair voice, and he was clad in white; great skill he had in works of hand, and he was regarded by well-nigh all, even by the Eldar, as the head of the Order."

And then in the LOTR chapter, the "Voice of Saruman"

"they saw a figure standing at the rail, looking down upon them: an old man, swathed in a great cloak, the colour of which was not easy to tell, for it changed if they moved their eyes or if he stirred. His face was long, with a high forehead, he had deep darkling eyes, hard to fathom, though the look that they now bore was grave and benevolent, and a little weary. His hair and beard were white, but strands of black still showed about his lips and ears."

I have the boxset with the history of middle earth, its 12 books, I'll try to find the source, I read it a while ago. But I remember that it mentioned that the Istari had bodies that aged, but slowly. Saruman arrived with black hair and white robes. The flesh they wore ( the mortal bodies) gave them mortal concerns, limited their abilities and their knowledge. Thats why Gandalf and Saruman aren't as wise in all matters as they would be in Valinor. They were sent as councilors and they couldn't manifest their true powers and capacities.

In the unfinished tales, if I recall correctly, its mentioned that he arrived with "Raven hair"

And then in the LOTR chapter, the "Voice of Saruman"

The last part I have read but when you first described it I thought you meant more like camouflage like the Elven cloaks and in this instance I think it is tied to being under the spell of his voice because it is not brought up much in further encounters. I have to pick up or look up some of these other pieces once I get through the appendix sections.

In regards to the figure, I think he looks great and they should aim for screen accurate rather than the book version of characters just to keep it true to one interpretation.

The last part I have read but when you first described it I thought you meant more like camouflage like the Elven cloaks and in this instance I think it is tied to being under the spell of his voice because it is not brought up much in further encounters. I have to pick up or look up some of these other pieces once I get through the appendix sections.

In regards to the figure, I think he looks great and they should aim for screen accurate rather than the book version of characters just to keep it true to one interpretation.
I agree , here's hoping that they keep it like in the preview

Why on earth would they base their Saruman off of the book Saruman? I'm a big fan of the books, but their license is for the film. No way are they ever going to make "Saruman of Many Colours".

Thank you for clearing the commotion avid readers!
So what do we say about the figure ?

Have any of you ever checked out his involvement with Metal bands? He has some Metal Christmas stuff he has done and also narrated pieces for Rhapsody. He also has his own project, Charlemagne. :rock

I cant wait until they get this figure out.

Nice figure, might get it.

Have any of you ever checked out his involvement with Metal bands? He has some Metal Christmas stuff he has done and also narrated pieces for Rhapsody. He also has his own project, Charlemagne. :rock

I cant wait until they get this figure out.
the Charlemagne song I kind of like aci ally

001-4.jpg

Finally got it out!
wish you enjoy it,
and if there is anything you feel we can do to make it better,
please let us know.

In memory of Sir Christopher Lee.
The one and only.

Back