Asmus Toys 1/6 Azog..?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/6 trolls seem like a good idea, if done right. The Moria cave troll would be tempting, but the armoured troll that fights Aragorn at the Black Gates would be far more interesting to me. Perhaps if they sold a troll body with multiple heads and armour they would sell better (I know I would definitely buy one) that way with one figure you could pose either a cave troll, attack troll from ROTK or the Black Gate troll.

70789cca805eb586329d315712e4c113.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
troll-2.jpg

Or Asmus could release a generic troll body (i.e Moria Cave troll) and then follow this release with "Accessory packs" which include the armour and different heads for each of the troll looks?

That way they encourage buyers to buy more than one troll body if they want to display multiple types of troll at one time, appeal to buyers who would only want to buy one troll but are interested in switching up the looks and this might even appeal to buyers who are on the fence about owning a troll but like the customization possibilities.

Asmus could also this way extend the troll brand to the MANY troll types from the Battle of the Five Armies
The_Hobbit_-_The_Battle_of_the_Five_Armies_-_Guldur_Trolls.jpg
150214235914969bb36837ebc13d822fbfdadeaedd (1).jpg
catapult troll.jpg

I think if Asmus went with a plan like this it would mitigate the risk they would take in making a troll figure while appealing to as many people as possible.

What do you guys think?

As for other oversized figures - Sauron and Treebeard are an absolute must own for me

And as for mounts the only steed I'm remotely interested in Thranduil's elk

1506895496a9abef75374553187372afc154af7caa.jpg

So what’s the update on Azog? Announced almost three years ago and we got Lurtz and the Balrog coming, still no preorder for Azog…

Really hope this isn't totally off the table. I've actually grown to really like the design of Azog over the years. And I'd love to have more bad guys in the display. We've only gotten a couple of orcish figures in the entire line to this point. My orc shelf needs some love!

Really hope this isn't totally off the table. I've actually grown to really like the design of Azog over the years. And I'd love to have more bad guys in the display. We've only gotten a couple of orcish figures in the entire line to this point. My orc shelf needs some love!
I hope so

It would be a shame if a 1/6 scale Azog is completely off the table given we don't have any villains from The Hobbit movies yet, he would have paired nicely with Thorin.
I would so go for Azog if Asmus deemed him possible to produce. Agree, him and Thorin together in combat would look great.

Are you reading this Asmus? There’s interest for these characters! Azog shouldn’t be too hard to make, regardless of the costume you give him (with or without his BOTFA armor). There isn’t too many layers you’d have to make.

Half a dozen requests from LOTR thread regulars is probably unlikely to sway Asmus to reevaluate their assessment that Hobbit merch isn’t worth the hassle.

Just get Lurtz out there followed by more Uruks and Orcs- then, if Asmus see bad guys sell, they might think Azog is worth the risk.

Back