Ash PF!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheObsoleteMan said:
It's the only commentary I've ever heard that's as entertaining as the movie itself. Those guys were having a blast.
It ranks up there with Kurt Russell's commentary on The Thing.

Reinhardt said:
never saw El Topo... any good?
I don't know I haven't seen it either. Har har. The latest DVD is OOP. I'm still trying to get a copy of that DVD. [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Topo]

Speaking of movies I REALLY, REALLY want to get now that it's on DVD is...

Bernardo Bertolucci's The Conformist (Il Conformisto)[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Conformist]. Absolutely, without a doubt, some of the best cinematography ever courtesy of Vittorio Storaro. [This reminds me that I need to order that right now from Amazon.com!]

Batty said:
It ranks up there with Kurt Russell's commentary on The Thing.

every commentary with Kurt Russell and John Carpenter is awesome - check out Big Trouble in Little China and Escape from New York - both great.

the commentary of Evil Dead with Bruce Campbell alone is pretty histerical as well.

NSFolsom said:
I don't know I haven't seen it either. Har har. The latest DVD is OOP. I'm still trying to get a copy of that DVD. [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Topo]

Speaking of movies I REALLY, REALLY want to get now that it's on DVD is...

Bernardo Bertolucci's The Conformist (Il Conformisto)[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Conformist]. Absolutely, without a doubt, some of the best cinematography ever courtesy of Vittorio Storaro. [This reminds me that I need to order that right now from Amazon.com!]

will have to check out these flicks. the wiki links don't work, but i can find them through google.

NSFolsom said:
I don't know I haven't seen it either. Har har. The latest DVD is OOP. I'm still trying to get a copy of that DVD.
Special edition DVDs of both El Topo and The Holy Mountain will be coming out in May. There will also be a box set with both movies and soundtracks. I'll definitely be getting them... It's been years since I've seen them.

Batty said:
I don't think we'll see a box set of all three movie because Universal owns Army of Darkness and not the first two. You can get the Evil Dead II Special Edition really cheap.

Shai = :rock :rock :rock

I thought these were released as a box set? I recalled they were boxed up as the Necromicon which opened up the disc set?

Boba Fett said:
I thought these were released as a box set? I recalled they were boxed up as the Necromicon which opened up the disc set?
I think that was a European release. I could be wrong.

If there is a box set available in the US, someone please let me know. I'll have to pick it up to go with all the other multiple copies I have. :monkey4

I wish.... I have currently the Necronomicon editions of Evil Dead I and II and the Boomstick edition of Army.... But I've had at least 4 different versions of Army and at least 3 of EDII, only had to buy Part one maybe twice.

But still!! That's more rebuys of anything I have, Star Wars excluded. :lol

ZombieReign said:
no news? c'mon Sideshow .. you've hooked us, now please give up the goods :monkey5
You have to say the magic words first: Klaatu barada nikto. Just make sure you don't say Klaatu barada necktie. :monkey5

I hope he's in the newsletter tonight.

Batty said:
You have to say the magic words first: Klaatu barada nikto. Just make sure you don't say Klaatu barada necktie. :monkey5

brilliant! would you believe it was only 2 years ago that I finally saw "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and got that reference?

Batty said:

"Klaatu.....Barada.....Nnnn..... nickle....necktie....definitely an N word....."

:lol

7171_press01-001.jpg

Back