Ash PF!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just curious - what kind of legs does this figure have? Are there actual leg sculpts under the pants or are the pants "stuffed" around wires like some porcelain dolls? Are the shoes part of the leg or removable from feet?

The legs are sculpted, and the shoes are not removable. They are sculpted as well (there are no "feet" inside the shoes). You can't see the legs, though, since the pants are stiffened to present the worn, wrinkled appearance, and trying to raise them would ruin that effect.

This is why we try to educate people as to why it is wrong to call these "dolls". They aren't like a doll body wearing clothes. They are sculpted statues with mixed media elements to add realism.

The legs are sculpted, and the shoes are not removable. They are sculpted as well (there are no "feet" inside the shoes). You can't see the legs, though, since the pants are stiffened to present the worn, wrinkled appearance, and trying to raise them would ruin that effect.

This is why we try to educate people as to why it is wrong to call these "dolls". They aren't like a doll body wearing clothes. They are sculpted statues with mixed media elements to add realism.

Ah hah. Thanks. Good information.

Keep tellin' yerself that. :p I've gotten into debates about "they don't have action features which by definition makes them a doll" which also makes Barbie an "action figure." I don't care anymore. :lol Personally, it's just easier to admit that they are. What's anyone gonna say after that?

"Dude, those are dolls!"
"So?"
"Dude, haha, you play with dolls!"
"Yeah, and?"
"uh........"

Keep tellin' yerself that. :p I've gotten into debates about "they don't have action features which by definition makes them a doll" which also makes Barbie an "action figure." I don't care anymore. :lol Personally, it's just easier to admit that they are. What's anyone gonna say after that?

"Dude, those are dolls!"
"So?"
"Dude, haha, you play with dolls!"
"Yeah, and?"
"uh........"

Yeah, when people just want to antagonize and be generally puerile, that can take the wind out of their sails. But, if someone is considering jumping into the PF game, they need to understand the differences. Dolls (like action figures :monkey3) can be posed and redressed in different or custom clothes. As a general rule, Premium Format figures cannot (with a few early exceptions, which did allow limited movement of arms).

This is one of the few PF's I wish I had... I hope to snag one eventually, it really looks fantastic. And it would be fun to paint and weather. :D

I won this on ebay from scubasteve, but then he claimed he broke it packing it up and never sent it. I just think he got cold feet and didn't want to sell it.

Wish I had it though.

Back