Ash PF!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Demon Freddy took forever to sell out. That doesn't make it any less bad ass.

The Han Solo PF sold out, and just look at that thing. :yuck

It all comes down to your love for the character. For me, Darkness isn't even close to being in the same league as Ash. For you, that might be different.

Sometimes I think some people just buy their collectibles based on how many :rock 's they get on this message board by certain members and not based on their love for the character or the likeness of the piece.

That's the only explanation I can come up with as to why a piece from a crappy Tom Cruise movie is more popular than freakin' Ash.

I got the Ash...and I love the Ash, and I got it for the love of the Evil Dead Trilogy.

I agree with your point on some collectibles that people have bought just outta the :rock 's the piece has received....

but with regards to the Lord of Darkness, I have also purchased this piece because that character portrayed by Tim Curry is one of greatness, the movie has aged in some areas but this character (like Ash) is what 'Legends' (pun intended:D) are made of.

What is light without dark?

Darkness simply looks better. He is a more detailed and impressive PF in my opinion of course. That is why I recommended him over Ash if one had to choose. :)

By the way, Happy Birthday Eli! :rock :rock

I love my new Ash, he is outstanding. Pics to follow once I get a decent one.
They keep coming out fuzzy, wrong setting I guess.
He is #31 good low number.
Also in the process of getting my LAM set up but having a problem putting it
on the pegs the right way.

I got mine yesterday Ash Ex #16 from sideshow and my General Grievous Exclusive from P!tu
:chew:chew:chew

Last edited:
That's the only explanation I can come up with as to why a piece from a crappy Tom Cruise movie is more popular than freakin' Ash.

Oh no you ditnt :lecture. Granted, Legend has aged with time (especially the un-edited version which I just watched recently and absolutely would NOT recommend over the normal theatrical version), BUT, the movie LEGEND is awesome, simply awesome. Darkness is such a cool villian, his dialogue is excellent and hasn't aged at all. I would like to see a premium Format LILY while dancing in black wedding dress (Mia Sara, mmmm :drool) but know that will never happen. I would rank the movie as one of the top 80-90's fantasy classics, along with Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and a few others I can't think of right now.

That being said, Army of Darkness is also a great movie/trilogy. Thats why I got both (Exclusives). For me, if funds were tight, I would absolutely take Darkness over Ash, but if I could get both, I would have to get the Darkness exclusive and the regular version Ash.

Those pics look great, guys. Keep them coming! I should be getting mine in about a week or so.

Anymore pics?:D...I posted some of mine but I am not that great at photography and was hoping to see some diffeent angles and views for this awesome Ash!!

I'll post some pics when he arrives tomorrow. I'm no photographer, but this thread needs more pics!

Just unpacked mine! Reg #164
I learned 2 things today:

1) No matter how many pics you see, you simply cannot understand how amazing this piece is until you see it in person.

2) I'm a terrible photographer. It's not even funny how horrible my pictures turned out.

I'll try to get some better pics and post them asap.

I've got mine now too (reg edition #170), and I completely agree (about the PF, not your photog skills ;)).

Unfortunately, I was only allowed to open it for inspection, since it's supposed to be a Christmas present. So right now it's back in the box. Not sure if I'll be able to sneak some photos later or not. :(

I warned y'all about my photography skillz :monkey4

p10100012oz2.jpg
p1010014ti1.jpg

p1010005wf1.jpg

p1010007uq6.jpg

I'll try to get some better shots this weekend.

Sweet!

I received 89/500 last night, and he's a great-looking figure. I love it! My camera has dead batteries so I haven't taken pics yet.

I must have spent about a half hour last night futzing with him. He is definitely one of the better human character PFs that Sideshow has produced.

Back