Ash PF!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I warned y'all about my photography skillz :monkey4

p1010007uq6.jpg

I'll try to get some better shots this weekend.

Love that pic...awesome shot with Freddy and Jason with the light from the window in the background...almost causing a volume light effect :rock

Demon Freddy is shorter, but I think he looks shorter than he actually is next to Ash since Freddy is kinda hunched over and Ash is standing proud on top of a taller base. And as for Jason, almost all PF's are dwarfed by that monster.

Not including base, Freddy stands at about 16.5 inches while Ash stands at 17.5 inches (head to toe with an added 3.5 inches if you count the raised arm and gun). Ash's base is 2.75 inches while Freddy's is about 1.25 inches.

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum but I have been collecting film stuff for about 3 years now. I should be receiving the Ash PF tomorrow and would be great if some of you guys can post some more pics of this piece. The likeness isn't great I know, but I'm huge Evil Dead/ Bruce Campbell fan and I can deal with the fact that its a stylized representation of the character.

Thanks Guys

Wow...Sideshow's pics really don't do this piece justice...

I'm still hoping for a regular 1/6th Ash...

Not the AoD one...

I want an Evil Dead 1 or 2 Ash...

I don't think you'll be saying that once you get this in-hand. No picture has ever done this piece justice, especially my crappy pics found on the previous two pages :lol

Truer word have never been spoken, pics do not show off this piece that well...it is still one of my fav PF's I own, and I have Darkness, Robocop, Darth, Obi, and the Alien 3 maquette (which is my fav overall).

I have always liked this movie but never had the ambition to spend that much on him. I don't have many memories with this movie where as things like gremlins , predator , aliens , I have memories with. Maybe one day :rolleyes: :rock

Wow...Sideshow's pics really don't do this piece justice...

I'm still hoping for a regular 1/6th Ash...

Not the AoD one...

I want an Evil Dead 1 or 2 Ash...

The first two films have so far proved unlicenseable. I know Jerry Macaluso was particularly determined to get the license for the second film when he was at SOTA and couldn't do it.

Fortunately the classic torn/dirty chainsaw Ash appears in the beginning of "Army of Darkness" which has allowed companies like McFarlane, NECA and Sideshow (on the PF) to do what is essentially an "Evil Dead 2" Ash.

I agree though, I would like to see Sideshow do a 12" Chainsaw Ash. That's the most iconic representation of the character. Mat Falls dropped the ball on the first Ash (the Medieval one) but his S-Mart Exclusive Ash is the definitive Bruce Campbell/Ash likeness and I'd like to see a Chainsaw Ash with a likeness of that quality, though it doesn't seem like he sculpts as much anymore.

"Chainsaw Ash" is the most iconic interpretation of the character and as such is practically the "standard". I can understand why NECA has made what are essentially "variants" (Medieval and S-Mart) because they're pretty much continuing what McFarlane did when they did Chainsaw Ash and Evil Ash, but with Sideshow I don't understand their reasoning. Unlike the McFarlane/NECA situation there is no Chainsaw Ash that is comparable to the Sideshow versions of less-popular interpretations and I think that's definitely an omission that needs to be rectified.

Great Price. Recieved mine today. Pictures really don't do it justice. Its a smashing piece. Captures the cockiness and the arrogance of the character really well.

Dam..Still thinking about getting this.What do you guys think?

If you're a fan of the films, then you can't afford *not* to get the PF at Monkey Depot's price. You'd be hard pressed to find a more detailed PF for that price.

I don't like to play favorites with my PF's (it really depends on the day) but I get more compliments on my Ash than anything else in my collection.

Back