Article: Alien VS Predator Predator - Machiko Noguchi, She-Predator - Premium Format(TM) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could not this be said of everything SS produces?
From what I have seen, even within a given production run you might get a masterpiece, and you might get something horrible. Has there ever been a run of anything, where every single piece was great? Not being sarcastic, I'm sincerely curious.
You are absolutely correct. However, I had a 'string' of back to back to back to back Sideshow products where the paint applications were horrible; particularly when it involves faces. I wasn't the only person complaining that Sideshow's QC had gone down the toilet. I have been collecting 1/6th & 1/4th for over 10 years and my collection has gotten to the point that I have to be VERY selective about what I order. I have Kier & the new Dr. Doom PF on preorder.

I think this statue looks amazing (other than the bikini) and really look forward to seeing the final product. I have already talked to a professional customizer who will sculpt an actual breastplate for her and hopefully match the netting for her neck if possible. If I had to get her face repainted, that would add another $150+ to the cost.

Yeah, I just got a change to 7/15 as well for final payment! I have been excited about this one since I saw it! Hope she came out as close as you can to the proto.

You are absolutely correct. However, I had a 'string' of back to back to back to back Sideshow products where the paint applications were horrible; particularly when it involves faces. I wasn't the only person complaining that Sideshow's QC had gone down the toilet. I have been collecting 1/6th & 1/4th for over 10 years and my collection has gotten to the point that I have to be VERY selective about what I order. I have Kier & the new Dr. Doom PF on preorder.

I think this statue looks amazing (other than the bikini) and really look forward to seeing the final product. I have already talked to a professional customizer who will sculpt an actual breastplate for her and hopefully match the netting for her neck if possible. If I had to get her face repainted, that would add another $150+ to the cost.

Your points make a lot of sense. As a relatively new collector with a [so far] small collection, I have not seen the number of pieces you more experienced folk have, so I was honestly curious. If I get something a bit wonky, I have a good chance of being able to fix - but a lot of people cant and a fix is expensive for them. I'd be gun-shy too.

Please post pix of your modified piece, I know many of us would love to see. I am annoyed about the netting not coming up to AT LEAST the slanted strap on her chest, and to the bottom strap on her back. That would have been a good compromise. I don't think I will try to modify this, but I might make her some appropriate necklaces or breast-straps with small animal skulls, as yautja are wont to wear.

Can't wait to see this piece! And other owner's pix!

Production gallery should be up soon.

Fingers crossed!

That's what I'm eager to see!! No processing e-mail over here, though I'm sure they'll start going out soon. Really happy to see this coming out on the early side of the delay over the even more delayed side! :)

Production pics look :drool

Very happy with what I see :yess:

200251_press15.jpeg

200251_press08.jpeg

200251_press09.jpeg

200251_press10.jpeg

200251_press12.jpeg

200251_press03.jpeg

200251_press11.jpeg

200251_press13.jpeg

200251_press04.jpeg

200251_press05.jpeg

200251_press06.jpeg

200251_press07.jpeg

2002511_press01.jpeg

2002511_press03.jpeg

I agree, this came out very nice. Although I am not sure why they have to paint what seems like large cartoonish eyes. :cuckoo:

I'm liking the mask more in these new pics but it's not going to get a lot of use for me. She has a nice face :naughty

Back