Arnold T2 by Wayne The Dane Hansen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siegaard

Freakalicious
Reaction score
My DX10 Arnold parts are almost all in, so I HAD to strip my Dutch figure into a baggie and "suit-up" with these real leathers! My COOMODEL MINIGUN and DX10 M79 Grenade Launcher with ammo bandoleer came in too. I once had a guy come into my Vietnam ER with a live M79 Grenade round in his belly! OOPS!
Anyways here some beauty shots of my MMS T2 Arnold Head, DX10 equipment on a TTL muscular body filled out in the pecks and biceps with wads of cotton. If they are going to make a DX PERS head, get the likeness as good as this one!
ENJOY!
DanesT2Terminator027bSm.jpg

DanesT2Terminator014bSm.jpg

DanesT2Terminator003bSm.jpg

DanesT2Terminator023bDarkSm.jpg

You should have just bought a DX10, that MMS headsculpt does not look legit to me..recast?.

As a GK kit sculptor of 20 years, a good likeness is essential to me. The likeness of this head is DEAD ON KILLER!
The two Hot Toys PERS DX Arnold head likenesses DO NOT Measure up to this sculpt! Off evilbay for $98.95. I paid enough for it! I'm happy! My apologies if I have offended anyone. Just enjoying my new hobby here.
THE DANE

Next project is a custom CM TOYS STARZ Spartacus DOCTORE. I have epoxied the leather chest plates and bought fabric to sew his pants and belt under-fabric. The CM Toys head & figure are in the mail...

OMG. That does kinda look like him. :lol

I'm on my phone right so I can't tell for sure but that head does look like a recast. If you paid $100 for it then you got burned. Gotta check it out on the computer. One more thing, have you seen all the pics of the DX10 sculpt?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

OMG. That does kinda look like him. :lol

I'm on my phone right so I can't tell for sure but that head does look like a recast. If you paid $100 for it then you got burned. Gotta check it out on the computer. One more thing, have you seen all the pics of the DX10 sculpt?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I think it looks so much like him now that Ive thought about keeping my old MMS117 head and shaving diown the hair to make a Merle custom :lol

You took all of what I consider to be the weakest parts from both releases and put them together...But to each their own, at least you're happy! :duff

Looks good to me. I like the original head as well, the new one looks like a little kid

if you're happy with it cool and welcome to the hobby, but I'm sorry to say that this looks like a horrible bootleg of the MMS version.

I may not have them side by side since I sold my MMS one, but there's just no two ways about it that DX is a superior sculpt

It is really kind of sad the lack of knowledge that newer collectors have about the origins of the hobby they love so much. If it weren't for the garage kits that started coming out in the 90's there probably wouldn't be an Enterbay, Sideshow, or Hot Toys. IF anyone was still making 1/6th scale figures they would still be like the Hasbro Star Wars from the 80's or Megoes. Gargage kits showed that there was a market for characters that would never be considered by major toy companies. Macfarlane, Neca, Mezco and a lot of these type of companies were strongly influened by what was going on in the GK world. A lot of the sculptors who started in garage kits ended up sculpting for the companies mentioned above. Wayne was instrumental in the continued raising of the bar when it came to quailty of sculpting through his own work and the advise he gave to novice sculptors. It is very likely that he knows more about sculpting a likeness than all the posters in this thread combined. On top of that he is a veteran so try showing a little respect.

i agree with the figure, it is a little weak, and i also agree with the post on dane,. he ""is"" an icon in the sculpting statue circles, "sorry to hear about the fire wayne"...he truly is a top 1% percenter in the sculpting world....but that does make an expert on 1/6 th collecting...time , trial and error do....i am sure wayne will be just fine if he getting serious about 1/6 th collecting...wayne may very well like the sculpt, and that is 100% fine, but he could have gotten it much cheaper....like i said, trial and error... and if anybody comes on here and says they never over paid for something for their collection they are 100% a liar.....:)

Nice custom there, you put alot of work into it I can see, If your open to suggustions I would look into swaping out the body to the hot toys arnie body or the kaustic plastic heroik body for a deal as there only about 40 bucks. I only suggest that cause arnie has a tradmark sloap to his shoulders and yours seems abit to broad there.

As far as mms vs dx theres opinions on that ether way, though I haven't heard anyone who has the dx in hand not love it me included. The coo model minigun is and awesome choice as I prefer it to the hot toys version for shear quailty. That what I currently have displayed with my dx10. I still have my mms117 too and will keep it requardless as it still and awsome piece.

Would love to see some of your work statues you have done, maybe start a collection thread showcasing it and welcome to the freaks and collecting.

Heres my set-up with the coo model minigun

cyberdineshootout009.jpg

cyberdineshootout005.jpg

dx10headshots004.jpg

cyberdineshootout004.jpg

Back