What the DX T2 BD T-800 SHOULD Be-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would make you Polyp McBleedin. :lol

4054420337_95e5d8696b.jpg

Are those . . . tadpoles?

need a head with Arnie's signature smirk....like the one where he picks up the mini gun for the first time in the bunker...

need a head with Arnie's signature smirk....like the one where he picks up the mini gun for the first time in the bunker...

Not sure if I'd want that. That was a cool scene but completely out of character for the T-800 despite the fact that (whether intended or not) he was mimicking John's sideways smirk.

DX figures all have 3 things in common. PERS, a pretty box and a light-up yawnfest of a stand. Where the hell are you guys getting the idea that a DX should come with some special stand? All 3 DX figures have an identical stands. :duh
Plus, re-releases of earlier Hot Toys released characters or people (for those who dispute that MJ was a "character").

Arnold would fit into this category of course, and though I don't think it is necessary, I do think it is highly possible that BD T-800 will be a DX figure.

I get that, "the little plates are different." :rolleyes: But they're essentially the same ____ing boring black square stand with a thin metal plate (unique or not) and dual lights that make your figure look like a pasty zombie. My point is I don't get where everyone thinks the DX will come with some mini diorama stand like the MMS figures do when we've clearly seen that there's a trend in the DX stands. This has already been stated and you would've seen it had you actually read through the whole thread instead of quoting an early post. :lol

I just fail to see how you think there is definitely a trend because of the first three.

TDK ones set a precident, as HT were copying the stands used to display the lifesize costumes around stores, etc.

MJ had a similar stand as I fail to see what 'special base' he could have. He should have concrete like base as that is the video setting, a car park. Even if it was not the same as the two TDK DX ones, it would essentially just be a square concrete like base without the black or LEDs.

No-one knows what stands future DXs could have. The CR Supes could have a FoS base.

I just fail to see how you think there is definitely a trend because of the first three.

TDK ones set a precident, as HT were copying the stands used to display the lifesize costumes around stores, etc.

MJ had a similar stand as I fail to see what 'special base' he could have. He should have concrete like base as that is the video setting, a car park. Even if it was not the same as the two TDK DX ones, it would essentially just be a square concrete like base without the black or LEDs.

No-one knows what stands future DXs could have. The CR Supes could have a FoS base.

Going off what we've seen, I'd say that's a pretty good guess that every DX will have a bland black stand with a thin "unique" metal plate and two LEDs. They're 3 for 3 in that category. Until we see otherwise, I don't see how you can say otherwise. :huh

Neither of us can say otherwise!?!

All I am saying is you do not KNOW that all will have them. So people suggesting possible 'special bases' for DXs is not redundant.

Neither of us can say otherwise!?!

All I am saying is you do not KNOW that all will have them. So people suggesting possible 'special bases' for DXs is not redundant.

Well I disagree, so there! :nana:

Honestly, I just think doing so is breeding disappointment that will lead to the ridiculous, "WHY HT?" or "YOU REALLY DROPPED THE BALL HT" rants when the figure's finally announced vs. the more appropriate, "Well no surprise about the yawnfest of a stand."

I just had a flash of sheer genius: HT should switch out the bluish-white led lights on their DX display stands for orange ones to replicate the lighting during the final scenes within the steel mill.

You're welcome. I'll be waiting for that check in the mail.

Of course, there will be folks who would rather have the DX stand represent Cyberdyne's flooring (maybe littered with a bunch of spent minigun shells) over the steel mill flooring. How can HT satisfy both groups? Interchangeable display stand plates. Orange LEDs would now replicate the lighting from that ____ing explosion from Cyberdyne's parking lot.

Boom, I just did it again. No time for arguing semantics.

Last edited:
I just had a flash of sheer genius: HT should switch out the bluish-white led lights on their DX display stands for orange ones to replicate the lighting during the final scenes within the steel mill.

You're welcome. I'll be waiting for that check in the mail.
Goddamnit. Who do I make it payable to? :gah:

Back