What the DX T2 BD T-800 SHOULD Be-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragontron

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is just a fan discussion of what we, or at least I hope Hot Toys does for the BD version of the T-800 from T2. I'm doing this with the intent and hope the Sideshow and Hot Toys sees this. I do not care what it costs because I for one and I know many others will buy one, or like my self at least TWO of this figure. So on with the discussion.

First, the head sculptS. Yes. It needs to come with two phases of Battle Damage. The first, after being shot up at Cyberdyne. I hope they are able to put the bullet hole details into the neck of the sculpt, or even better the body its self.
The second, the final, full fledged phase of damage with the cyborg eye exposed with a light up function of course. I for one do not want a screen acurate version of this. What I mean is, I do not want the make up look on this where the endo skull looks lifted and adjusted, and not like a even. What I would like is a depth proportioned sculpt where it looks like the skull in inside the head, and not rising out of it.
I dont know which head I would prefer to have it, but one of them will obviously come with PERS. It would be really impressive if the could pull it off with the final BD head.

Terminator2_1.gif

term2_2667a.jpg

Next, the body. Hot Toys/ Sideshow should just modify the body they used for the first T-800. Heavily. First as I mentioned above, the neck should be riddled with bullet holes and trails of blood. The chest of the endo should be exposed, set in with some depth. Naturally surrounded by flesh and blood painted really well. We may have to sacrafice some articulation for this to be done and look proper. The interchangable left arm function should remain. Only the interchangable arm should be damaged, as shown after being jammed in the cogs and severed by the steel pole. The last piece of the endo to be exposed should be the left knee. I'm really curious to see how they would pull this off.

Clothing.- Two sets. The first being the cleaner set. Leather jacket riddled with bullet holes. Leather pants. Fully intact. Few bullet holes possibly? Fully Intact Grey T-shirt. Belt and Boots. Second Set- Leather Jacket with more bullet holes, heavily weathered. Left arm of jacket torn up, after removing arm from cogs. Leather Pants, and belt left knee tore open to expose endo knee, little more weathering. Grey T-shirt. Riddled with bullet holes. Torn open in the center to expose endo chest.

Hands- Clean set, and BD set. As well as the gloved thumbs up!

Weapons. -This is where its gonna get crazy. To the point where its gonna be like the Resident Evil releases

Handheld GE M134 Minigun with chain and duffle bag
800px-T2JDHandheldMinigun-9.jpg

M79 grenade launcher with bandolier and 11 40 MM rounds. The bandolier carried 11 rounds, but the T-800 only fired 7 before running out. It should also come with interchangable stocks. One intact, one damaged.
600px-T2JDM79GL-7.jpg

600px-T2JDM79GL-12.jpg

MM1 grenade launcher
600px-T2JDMM1-9.jpg

Colt Commando CAR-15
600px-T2JDColtCommando-18.jpg

Colt/Detonics M1911A1 Series 70 Hybrid
600px-T2JDColtonics-15.jpg

Steel Rod. We probably wont get this, but, it'd be really cool if they threw this in too.

As far as the base goes, Hot Toys has been doing well with the DX bases. The Dark Knight Bases were steel grate. Michael Jackson's base looks like they used the Subway tunnel floor. So logically, The DX base for this should either be the floor of cyberdyne, or similar to the T-1000 as Sarah base.

Well, I'm pretty sure thats it unless anyone can think of something I missed. Thoughts? Opinions?

agreed. would def like to see all that in the bd version.

but basically, what i'd like topmost of all is a better arnie sculpt. the current one is very good. but i feel it can be improved cos there's still something a wee bit off in the likeness.

can't wait for the announcement. hurry up ht!

but, HT totally comes here all the time and makes figures based on our whims.
remember when they made that DX Robocop figure?

Robocop, nor Rambo or Superman is not as hot as T2 at the moment. We complained about the lack of the black shirt, and we got it!:hi5::wave

Very detailed. I like it. But what kind of bases should it include? DX should always include an awesome base.

As far as the base goes, Hot Toys has been doing well with the DX bases. The Dark Knight Bases were steel grate. Michael Jackson's base looks like they used the Subway tunnel floor. So logically, The DX base for this should either be the floor of cyberdyne, or similar to the T-1000 as Sarah base.

I Was thinking maybe a grated floor like the Sarah-1000 base but with orange LEDs under it to simulate the lighting caused by the molten steel under them? If would give the figure a grated shadow from the lights.

I Was thinking maybe a grated floor like the Sarah-1000 base but with orange LEDs under it to simulate the lighting caused by the molten steel under them? If would give the figure a grated shadow from the lights.

DX figures all have 3 things in common. PERS, a pretty box and a light-up yawnfest of a stand. Where the hell are you guys getting the idea that a DX should come with some special stand? All 3 DX figures have an identical stands. :duh

DX figures all have 3 things in common. PERS, a pretty box and a light-up yawnfest of a stand. Where the hell are you guys getting the idea that a DX should come with some special stand? All 3 DX figures have an identical stands. :duh

Ya know this is a wishful thinking thread.

Wait, so is this just another "speculation/I wish" thread?! Or did HT give out some kind of teaser that the next DX would be T2 related?

Actually, Michael's is different from the Dark Knight releases. It simulates the floor of the subway station. Why do you feel the need to troll this thread? You have had nothing positive to contribute.

Back