Statue Arkham Knight Batman by DC Collectibles Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, I'm going with the color armored version too. For 1/4 scale I'm probably going to wait for Sideshow to release there's

Nice. It'll be less expensive too! I just couldn't wait, my OCD/ADHD wouldn't allow it, lol. The color version will stand next to the original, should look good, probably be my last 1/6.

Well I just got mine in. The pose is definitely extreme, but I love it. It has by far the best paint app I've yet to receive on anything from DC Collectibles.

16856672325_bca01771cb_b.jpg

16855517982_643ac5990b_b.jpg

16236713063_67f325d887_b.jpg

16669081608_8d7882a921_b.jpg

Hmmm, I guess I'm having a really hard time with the cape (pose not withstanding ;) ). It doesn't have the same molded look as the others (maybe a good thing?). Is it a different material, or is the shininess of it throwing me off? Also, so this was made by Gentle Giant? None of the other statues have been, have they?

Hmmm, I guess I'm having a really hard time with the cape (pose not withstanding ;) ). It doesn't have the same molded look as the others (maybe a good thing?). Is it a different material, or is the shininess of it throwing me off? Also, so this was made by Gentle Giant? None of the other statues have been, have they?

I'm not sure what the cape was like on the others, I never bought either of the previous b&w Arkham Batmans or the colored armored one. I just know that all 3 of those had quite a lot of breakage issues with the capes. This one feels pretty sturdy. Its possible they molded it closer to his body to help avoid breakages this time. This one is definitely supposed to be on the shiny side though, just from all the AK videos I've seen so far, the cape is much shinier in the game than in AA or AC.

As an avid collector of the Arkham statue series this drives me nuts.

Why is this in full color? My favorite part of this statue series is the emphasis on a single color. Does anyone know if DC has anymore planned? A Two Face with the burnt side expressed in color would look incredible.

As an avid collector of the Arkham statue series this drives me nuts.

Why is this in full color? My favorite part of this statue series is the emphasis on a single color. Does anyone know if DC has anymore planned? A Two Face with the burnt side expressed in color would look incredible.

The whole black and white thing from this line was actually inspired by the promotional campaign artwork from Arkham City. They had every character done in black and white with only 1 splash of color on them somewhere. It doesn't really make sense for them to do characters from Arkham Asylum and Arkham Knight in black and white because that was never part of the advertising campaign for either game.

I get that, but they did do Arkham Asylum statues like this already. They basically built a line around the style for this universe.

Hey if anything release the black and white as a limited run, right?

I get that, but they did do Arkham Asylum statues like this already. They basically built a line around the style for this universe.

Hey if anything release the black and white as a limited run, right?

They might just do that anyways. I figured they did b&w Armored Batman from Asylum just because they wanted to do another Batman statue that looked a lot different than their first one. Then released AA Harley because its Harley and she's probably DC's hottest selling character right now. I think if there is enough interest in more b&w characters they will probably make them, I just wish they'd finish up AC with Two-Face, Penguin and Robin. I'd really like a b&w Two-Face.

They might just do that anyways. I figured they did b&w Armored Batman from Asylum just because they wanted to do another Batman statue that looked a lot different than their first one. Then released AA Harley because its Harley and she's probably DC's hottest selling character right now. I think if there is enough interest in more b&w characters they will probably make them, I just wish they'd finish up AC with Two-Face, Penguin and Robin. I'd really like a b&w Two-Face.

This! Just finish the collection so my OCD can be at rest. I'm really surprised they didn't do Two Face/Penguin/Robin or even Bane.

But hey...at least we got that awesome Mr. Freeze, right?

This! Just finish the collection so my OCD can be at rest. I'm really surprised they didn't do Two Face/Penguin/Robin or even Bane.

But hey...at least we got that awesome Mr. Freeze, right?

That Mr. Freeze is all kinds of awesome. I really hope they continue the line. There's still quite a few characters I'd like to see made.

Hope we see some more pieces from AA and AC soon. Still plenty of characters from those games that need to be released. Hope they touch into the Origins characters as well. Desperately want an AO Deathstroke. Bane, Joker, and Black Mask would be cool too.

Just pulled the trigger on Bats and AK both for $165 and probably will pass on RH but the paint apps and scale look so much better on these than the black and whites from BAC BUT does anyone know if they have any more scheduled ? Scarecrow or Harley would be amazing .

I dont care for the black and white style from BAC so I passed but Harley was perfect but I had to pass on her too because of sloppy paint apps just inexcusable for $100 statue and that DKR Bane Bats broken back also went back (poor Paint) .:slap

Impressions , I now have all three in my possession Bats , RH and AK and the detail and paint apps are near perfect as that was my biggest fear but I like the basic pose for AK and RH as they look incredible side by side and how you can make AK statue into a transition RH as its quickly done with switching out parts that have magnets is done flawlessly .

My only gripes are small as Bats seems a tad out of scale to RH and AK on height and depth and his head seems a tad small though the cape was done masterfully and as a few have mention the two prong posts on AK and RH can be quite difficult to get on their base but I was patient and eventually got it .

Once again I cant express how happy I am with the paint apps and sculpts and once I get their case cleaned and ready I will post some pictures and hopefully theres more too come in the line for BAK !

Back