Ark of the Covenant Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, it's pretty much the same finish as the Toht ark?

And I can see it being a little awkward to place next to the Indy PF because Indy's on a base and the ark isn't. It separates them too much that way. It might have been better if the ark also came with a base since even the idol has one. It would make the whole Indy line feel a little more cohesive.

It may be in scale to the Indy PF, but it just looks HUGE next to him!!!!

You're right, the Indy PF base really throws the whole "look" off. Adding a base to the Ark, even something as simple as a stone altar, would have improved things tremendously. But, overall, I'm not complaining.

I never owned the Toht ark, so I can't tell you if the finish is similar or not. But I can tell you that it does not look like the Hasbro Ark.

So, it's pretty much the same finish as the Toht ark?

And I can see it being a little awkward to place next to the Indy PF because Indy's on a base and the ark isn't. It separates them too much that way. It might have been better if the ark also came with a base since even the idol has one. It would make the whole Indy line feel a little more cohesive.

The description says PAINTED and NOT chrome plated like the idol does.

That is some pure pwnage right there.

After leaving it in the box for awhile, i finally opened it and put it on display. At first, I somewhat agreed with the masses about the chrome plating and yada yada. I will have to say though, this piece looks great on display with the gold paint as it is more subtle and less "tacky" looking than it would be otherwise. I have the Idol sitting on the other side of the room and can reference both at once. This thing looks downright cool as a stand alone piece and does invoke solid Indiana Jones emotions to look at it. Again, I actually like the fact it is painted because it blends into the decor better without s_____ing at you.
If you passed on getting one of the thousand made,...I do suggest you get over it with the plating nonsense and grab one with a messed up box while BBTS still has a few. :rock:rock:rock

If you passed on getting one of the thousand made,...I do suggest you get over it with the plating nonsense and grab one with a messed up box while BBTS still has a few. :rock:rock:rock

Ok, I'm in! But my main concern is the box - BBTS is selling damaged box Arks for the same price. I guess from your perspective, the box doesn't matter but what do you think about waiting until SS finishes its distribution to see if ones will be offered at a discount? I wouldn't sell the item unless I was in financial distress, but to not get a good box for the same price seems unreasonable.

Thanks for your insights.

Ok, I'm in! But my main concern is the box - BBTS is selling damaged box Arks for the same price. I guess from your perspective, the box doesn't matter but what do you think about waiting until SS finishes its distribution to see if ones will be offered at a discount? I wouldn't sell the item unless I was in financial distress, but to not get a good box for the same price seems unreasonable.

Thanks for your insights.

I don't think the box is as directly tied to the resell value for props as it is for figures. Not to say having a nice box for resale isn't important, but I doubt you will lose any money on this simply because the box. The value will surely go up over the next few years regardless. All of you people who were overly critical of this piece and decided not to get it because of the "gold paint" are foolish. I am very picky and don't collect much of this stuff, but this piece simply looks awesome on display. Furthermore, the gold paint actually makes it look like it was cast in gold. No, it's not as shiny as the idol and it's not electroplated but as good as the idol looks, it doesn't look like true gold gentlemen.
If you passed you FAILED...:whip:huh:stake

The Ark kicks total arse and commands respect in my man room.

To all you geeks who passed = FAIL :slap

Thinking of getting this to go with the ROTLA. Read most of the thread and am surprised a bit that it's on the waitlist judging by the way people were talking. A lot of people in the thread were saying stuff like "it's inaccurate"...."looks like garbage"...."I'll wait until it sells at bargain prices"...etc. Seems like a lot of people got screwed in waiting if that's the case. Seems to be sold out at a lot of places :dunno

I'll be making a sandstone block base when mine arrives to raise it up to the level of the ROTLA Indy PF.

I'll be making a sandstone block base when mine arrives to raise it up to the level of the ROTLA Indy PF.

Post pics when it's completed! Would love to see how it turns out.

I didn't even notice that the Ark was sold out. That's awesome. It seems Sideshow has hit some success with the props line.

So, I got my Ark on Wednesday. First let me say that the thing is a beautiful as everyone says. The paint is not a problem at all, nothing feels cheap on it, and it general seems like an excellent value for the price.

The one issue I have is that one of the long handles which attaches to the side of the Ark through a metal rod does not slide all the way in. Originally, I couldn't even get it on the rod, because the hole was drilled too small. In actuality, it was the front section of the hole that improperly drilled. I eventually fixed that problem, but now the handle does not go all the way down the metal rod. I have about 1 inch of space left. Has anyone had issue like this, or how would I proceed to drill this hole out? Does anyone know the material they used for the handles?

Thanks,
Matt

Nah man,...don't have that issue. I remember that they did fit better on specific sides, so you may want to try that. Mine slid in nicely and the woods bars are perfectly straight. This thing rules on display in the office/man room den. I keep waiting for the top to fly off and havoc to be reaked.
Good job scoring one. Indy prop fans who passed on this truly are missing out.

Nah man,...don't have that issue. I remember that they did fit better on specific sides, so you may want to try that. Mine slid in nicely and the woods bars are perfectly straight. This thing rules on display in the office/man room den. I keep waiting for the top to fly off and havoc to be reaked.
Good job scoring one. Indy prop fans who passed on this truly are missing out.

Back