Ark of the Covenant Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Fiance won this during spook last year. And we love it. A beautiful display piece. I keep looking at ebay and such to see if anyone ever lists it, and I haven't caught it yet. We'll never sell it, but it seems pretty rare. Unless it's not and I'm just missing something.

Yeah, how small must the run have been if it's so hard to come by? Just a couple of hundred? Only a few on this board got it. How many other people out there could have gotten one?

Wait, this thing is sold out now?

I am surprised it is on the WL but they must have lowered the run. I bet if you jump on the WL it converts.

Last edited:
The funny thing is that Sideshow didn't put an edition number for it, not even at this point when it's been out for a couple of months. It just says "Limited Edition: Limited Edition".

I have no idea where I saw it but I thought the run was limited to 1,000 pieces. Maybe I'm wrong.

I wanted to buy it but at the time I was unemployed and the last thing I was going to do was buy an Ark replica.

Figures when I'm ready to get one they are impossible to find. I don't understand the point of limiting these pieces. Get one to everyone who wants one.

:dunno

I have no idea where I saw it but I thought the run was limited to 1,000 pieces. Maybe I'm wrong.

I wanted to buy it but at the time I was unemployed and the last thing I was going to do was buy an Ark replica.

Figures when I'm ready to get one they are impossible to find. I don't understand the point of limiting these pieces. Get one to everyone who wants one.

:dunno

I remember it being something similar to that.

Just received mine two days ago, and it's terrific.
The shipping box had 329 written on it, so I guess there's at least that many out there.

I'll be making a sandstone block base out of hebel stone for it this weekend. Mainly to bring it up to the level of the ROTLA Indy PF base.

I remember it being something similar to that.

Sideshow does have these numbered at 1,000. Can't remember what number mine is. I'll have to check. But it'll be interesting to see just how many they made. I don't think it was 1,000. I was kind of surprised how quickly this dried up.

Once this dried up I did an EXTENSIVE Google search to find one about a month or 2 ago... I was able to find one at Monsters In Motion for $239.99 - 10% with a coupon code from MySpace. I think I got the last one there though, because right after that it was listed as SOLD OUT on their site.

It is a really great piece though. HUGE and HEFTY. Very nice representation of the Ark. I know a lot of people really like the Hasbro 1/6 one because of it's electroplating for the shine, but honestly, that one looks really plastic-y to me, where the SS one looks like a prop maquette...even if the shine isn't quite as strong.

Great piece for the collection from the BEST Indy movie of them all. Glad I was able to snag one. I really thought this piece would sit around at SS and be on sale/giftcard status by now... :dunno

Best of luck to all those still searching! :rock

P.S., wouldn't hurt to try the waitlist since it hasn't 'officially' closed yet. :wink1:

Does anyone have picture of this, side by side with the 1/6 scale sideshow Ark? Looking at the official pics they look nearly identical to me.

Thanks,

Simply put,...this piece is a quality piece of craftsmanship and I am stoked to have it in my collection. ROTL was the best film and the Fertility Idol and this Ark prop will ultimately be the best in the line.
Some of you can scoff and try to gaff me off and you can convince yourself it wasn't good enough because the electro-plating or whatever reason. That being said, if you didn't manage to score one of these babies and you are a Indiana Jones ROTL fan then you failed. You don't even have to "collect props" to have something like this on display. I'm sick and tired of people thinking the Ark isn't a rock star from Mars or something.....having one is "WINNING". :banana

Sure, why not? I have seen stranger things happen. No since in keeping asking, might as well jump on it and see what happens.

This guy,....dude it IS sold out....completely. You were pretty much a fool to talk most of the _____ you did concerning this piece and you completely undermined its value.

Fact is, everyone who now has one knows they were smart to get it and appreciates how cool it really is. Go ahead,...look for one on ebay...lol.

Honestly, I'm not sure I would even sell mine if I was offered triple what I paid. I really enjoy looking at it and I enjoy knowing how wrong some of you were to not give this prop a chance.

"The Ark is a radio for talking to god"

Back