Ark of the Covenant Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't you guys with the ROTLA Indy PF think this is sorta essential? :dunno

I don't do PFs, but I know getting the Toht ex was important because my 1:6 Indy needed his ark, however lackluster (literally) it was.

Don't you guys with the ROTLA Indy PF think this is sorta essential? :dunno

I don't do PFs, but I know getting the Toht ex was important because my 1:6 Indy needed his ark, however lackluster (literally) it was.

I personally don't. The Raiders PF kind of stands alone for me. Different scenes from the movie. The Ark just doesn't fit for me. That doesn't mean I don't want the 1/4 scale Ark.
I'm prepared to wait this one out. Has SS announced an edition size for the Ark yet?

As far as the 1/6th Ark goes. It's a must have. Hasbro or SS. I'd sure as heck like to see a 1/6th Sallah to help Indy carry it though. The 1/6 figures would probably collapse from the weight of the SS Ark.
Sallah, Indy and the Hasbro Ark. That would be nice.

I pre-ordered in the first 10 minutes it was available.
It is STILL not sold out.
How many do you think they will make? 1,000 or 1,500 or less?

No.

If it were more accurate, maybe.

Exactly! I was so excited about this one. But I haven't ordered it and am not sure I ever will now. I will wait to see if they fix any of the inaccuracies. I thought their backstage pass video sounded rather apologetic-"no really, we looked at the the Lucasfilm archives-it IS accurate, honest..."

Well, I think it IS a step up from the 1:6 ark. It's still not plated but it does look shinier than the smaller ark. It looks nicely detailed and crafted. The only negative (and it's a big one--pretty much the dealbreaker) is the lack of plating.

I dunno. If I had the PF I would find it very hard to say no.

If Sideshow was going to make an accessory for the Raiders PF, why not the Idol Pedestal with connecting base? Seems like a no brainer to me.

I totally agree we need at idol pedestal as the 1:6 scale but in 1:4 scale.....Sideshow has choosen to make 1:1 and 1:4 prop replica line everything must be made in the two scales.....I myself is planing on rebuilding the SS Idol base to a full size floor model :exactly:

I've got to agree with everyone else... as a wise man once said "what a piece of junk".
I still can't believe the Hasbro 12" scale version can get it so right yet Sideshow (who I own bucket loads of their stuff) can't get it anywhere right :slap

How many are they going to make?
They updated the description, but it still doesn't say.
Is it a limited edition or not?

Was = Limited Edition: TBD
Now = Limited Edition: Limited Edition

Cancelled - I had to when an Indy KOTCS PF was offered to me at the same price :S - Maybe I'll pick it up on ebay in a year or so.

Got this last night........

Your pre-order of the Ark of the Covenant 1:4 Prop Replica will be arriving into our US warehouse in approximately 10 days at which time we will charge your card for the item. Please verify that your shipping address and payment information are correct on your order by Friday, January 14, 2011 through your online account.

I forgot all about this....

Now that this item is out and available, what does everyone think about it? I'm interested in purchasing one, but some of the earlier comments on here have made me think twice.

i also received this message a dew days ago. makes no difference to me if its 100% replica as long as its close. the price is a little steep but i think i will really like it

Back