Ark of the Covenant Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hear Hear! Just don't look inside of it. ;)

I have top men working on it right now.

Actually, here it is!

DSC06988.jpg

The great thing about the Williams Indy pin is that it's an easy machine to maintain. It doesn't have many tunnels under the playfield, so any mechanical issues are easily fixed. Perfect for someone's first machine.

If you have the means, go for it!

I still can't believe my ark waiting list order converted in 60 days, this late in the game.

If not for SomethingSexy's words of wisdom, I probably wouldn't have tried it! :yess:

:rock :rock :rock

Booya! I told ya guys, it definitely happens! Congrats on getting it!

I saw one go on ebay for under $300. So they aren't really worth that much more than asking price.

Whatever you do, do NOT tilt that baby! ;)

Believe me, the Indy pinball is 300.lbs of dead weight. I tilted the heck out of it and the ark barely moved. The lid jiggled ever so slightly, but the base held firm. I might put a tiny rib of raised weatherstripping across the top as insurance (to keep it from inching forward), but it's pretty firm.

It looks great, I couldn't be happier with it, despite the fact that it's not 100% accurate. (Angels, tassels, paint, etc.)

For those of you who also have one, I need to ask....does the edge of your ark's lid seem to have a diagonal slant to it?

See the photo below. In this photo, the edge of the lid seems to go straight across at eye level. On my ark, the edge seems to be diagonally slanted ever so slightly. I think just one one side.

I'm unable to find eye-level side photos of the original ark in the Lucasfilm archives to see if this was intentional or just a sculpting inaccuracy. I'm thinking it's the latter, but I could be wrong.

sideshow-indiana-jones-ark-of-the-covenant-prop-replica1.jpg

Yes, my lid has a slant as well. I noticed it probably about a week and a half ago. It looks like the lid isn't sitting level. I think it's a sculpting error.

For those of you who also have one, I need to ask....does the edge of your ark's lid seem to have a diagonal slant to it?

See the photo below. In this photo, the edge of the lid seems to go straight across at eye level. On my ark, the edge seems to be diagonally slanted ever so slightly. I think just one one side.

I'm unable to find eye-level side photos of the original ark in the Lucasfilm archives to see if this was intentional or just a sculpting inaccuracy. I'm thinking it's the latter, but I could be wrong.

sideshow-indiana-jones-ark-of-the-covenant-prop-replica1.jpg

I got my 1:4 scale Ark today.

It's beautiful. And looks great with my Premium Formats.

Holy crap, my WL just converted as well.

Pretty sure someone told me it never would, nor would I ever get this for retail. In your face whoever that was. :D

Back