ARH Studios Products, ARH/Sideshow licensed Conan pg 92

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ARH Studios Products, ARH/Sideshow new releases!

I saw that....

Did you also hear we will be making action pose Achilles 1/4?

be looking forward to seeing the next Achilles, tell you what, been umming and ahhing about getting the Medusa lately, those latest pics you've just posted really show how beautiful a statue it is

Wow, those Medusa pics make her look even more gorgeous! Sculpt and paint app looks incredible!

Why didn't you buy her, holmes? :dunno

the box sixe and the price? :eek: I wonder If I buy it direct from Arh will he declare it at a lower value so I don't have to pay as much tax?

Alex if you reading this, can you ask Arahom how much it is to ship to Canada? It says no International Shipping at your website.

Yes the gentleman in France is a good customer of us and we are lucky that he can take photos like this.

Here are more photos today:

the box sixe and the price? :eek: I wonder If I buy it direct from Arh will he declare it at a lower value so I don't have to pay as much tax?

Alex if you reading this, can you ask Arahom how much it is to ship to Canada? It says no International Shipping at your website.

We only will be getting a very few shipped to the US later in March. Mine will be arriving at this time also.
Due to restrictions in size to other countries, its best the it be shipped from China. Please contact ARH direct for a shipping quote and please dont take long as we have stopped production short of total expected number.

Here is ARH's direct contact:

mailto:[email protected]

Thanks;

Alex

You missed out..Arahom shipped all international orders of Medusa for 65$ (instead of 130$ which is the cheapest shipping rate to Canada). But that was only for the AP's which have sold out!

One more photo from the UK

DSC01913.jpg

You missed out..Arahom shipped all international orders of Medusa for 65$ (instead of 130$ which is the cheapest shipping rate to Canada). But that was only for the AP's which have sold out!

Yes, we decided to pay the difference.
Again, its best to ask Arahom. Today he told me he will get a few in March.

wow, she is huge, I love the paint job on her, one of the best from ARH !!

really, I still see it on there site?

Thor AP? When will he finally arrive? German dealers already have the regular version, but AP orders are still in transit? That's really bad!

EDIT: everything ok! Spoke to ARH. Thor is on the way. :D

Last edited:

Here's a frank review of the ARH Leonidas Battle Rage edition.

Packaging: 1/5

To put it mildly, the packaging leaves much to be desired. The styrofoam is extremely flimsy and low quality, it was falling apart before I even took it out of the box, by the time i removed all of the statues my floor looked like after a snowstorm, also the styrofoam wasnt even taped shut (no tape at all). It's a miracle nothing was broken. I really hope arh reconsider their packaging going forward, i dont mind paying $10 extra for a box that doesnt turn into snowflakes upon opening.

Note the end tip of the spear was literally jammed into the styrofoam I almost missed it as all you see is a tiny plastic dot. So make sure you dont forget to dig it out.

Sculpt/Material: 5/5

By far the best iteration of Leonidas, with a slight action pose but not completely in motion. The sculpting details are amazing, i am talking fine details like the back of the shield, muscle tone etc.. I also like the fact the statue comes together logically by putting on his cloak, helmet, shield, spear etc.. In addition, the spear shaft is made from real wood with cloth wrapped by the handle instead of some cheap plastic, very well done. All the pieces are extremely fine detailed.

One minor issue, the removable breastplate isnt magnetic as stated on sideshow's website "Alternate Display Option (Removable magnetic chest armor)". The only way to secure it is by tying the lines (see photos) in the back but it's not even elastic, I tried 5 times and couldnt secure it properly and gave up. You need 1 person to hold the breastplate while a 2nd person tie the knots (or replace it with rubberband). However i feel this is only a minor issue and doesnt affect the overall rating.

Paint: 4.5/5

As some of you know, I am very harsh on paint quality. This statue's paint i would say is 1 notch below attakus - on par with some of sideshow's best works, which is to say excellent. I looked it over carefully under sunlight and CANNOT find any major fault (ie: paint spillover, unstraight lines, etc..) that plagues much of sideshow's work. The details on the battle wounds and blood splatter are nicely done and realistic. Overall very happy!

Value / Overall: 4.5/5

This statue will stood the test of time, Leonidas is one of the main anchor of all the heroes in our history, and ARH's version is the best there is, period. It looks very imposing as a showstopper that non-comic geeks can all appreciate. The battle rage edition with the realistic wounds and blood splatter really adds another dimension to the overall work. The addition of blood doesnt always work on statues, but in this case it fits perfectly with the figure and theme.

At $300, with a guaranteed ES of only 40, and incorporating all of sideshow exclusive edition's feature PLUS additional detail of blood/battle wounds (important), this is really a NO BRAINER must buy. I consider myself pretty well versed in statue valuations and this is a very good value and will be for many years to come. Doubt there are many left.

Enjoy the photos :)

arh00.jpg

arhl1.jpg

arhl2.jpg

arhl3.jpg

arhl4.jpg

arhl5.jpg

arhl6.jpg

arhl7.jpg

arhl8.jpg

Last edited:

Very surprise Arh doesn't bag each piece while placing them into the foam? I do hope they change the brittle foam to much more of a higher quality.

Back