ARH MEDUSA AP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the base of the statue put in the styrofoam without anything protecting it from scratches? Cant see any plastic or "white blankets" surrounding the base in the box.

Very nice statue btw, I might have to order this one :)

This is a factory picture

rimg3262.jpg

I do believe that it gets that standard white wrap around it. However the base is not shiny and with Styro there is not damage

Beautiful statue.....its just too expensive right now.....but i will buy this one day

Any new update on the Angel of Death statue?

Angel is being finished....
Please note, we are almost sold out of Medusa and we are to stop production short of full numbers.
This is going to be very hard to get later on.
Don't wait long or you will not find one under $1k later!

To all our Medusa customers, you get the same quality, no matter if its AP, EX or Regular. We have a team of painters that do these and they are all the same. Please do not hesitate to put your orders in now before they all sell out.

Last edited:
Finally received my medusa! So excited to share with you guys the following photos!

When I saw this I just knew I was going to be really excited:

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

Tadaaah!!

IMG_2263.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

However that said, this piece is amazing, it is huge and paint app is pretty great, just wish that there was a bit more gloss. I cannot stress again how massive this piece is, so be prepared.
As for the damage, I'm emailing arh soon, but I'm sure he'll come through! :D
My only real complaint is that the styrofoam is waaay to brittle, and I would highly recommend changing it to something more durable in the future. Also there was no tape between the foams, so that might have caused the damage. Medusa foams weren't taped together too, so that was pretty scary, but she came in fine, at least on first inspection.

Finally received my medusa! So excited to share with you guys the following photos!

When I saw this I just knew I was going to be really excited

However that said, this piece is amazing, it is huge and paint app is pretty great, just wish that there was a bit more gloss. I cannot stress again how massive this piece is, so be prepared.
As for the damage, I'm emailing arh soon, but I'm sure he'll come through! :D
My only real complaint is that the styrofoam is waaay to brittle, and I would highly recommend changing it to something more durable in the future. Also there was no tape between the foams, so that might have caused the damage. Medusa foams weren't taped together too, so that was pretty scary, but she came in fine, at least on first inspection.

:(
Im sorry the see this, please contact ARH direct for a replacement column, we will mail one to you ASAP.
As far as the styro, the decision was made to use the brittle syro for this as to best protect the statue in shipping.
We have had problems with customs, however from what I can see this is not due to inspection.
I hope to be able to see this set up properly and new photos after we send out the new replacement part.
We are changing the styro, the lessens learned will be applied to next productions of our new statues. The stryo was to absorb the impact of the statue. For most it has done the job.

Im sorry the see this, please contact ARH direct for a replacement column, we will mail one to you ASAP.
As far as the styro, the decision was made to use the brittle syro for this as to best protect the statue in shipping.
We have had problems with customs, however from what I can see this is not due to inspection.
I hope to be able to see this set up properly and new photos after we send out the new replacement part.
We are changing the styro, the lessens learned will be applied to next productions of our new statues. The stryo was to absorb the impact of the statue. For most it has done the job.

Arh, feels like it was opened for inspection, although it doesn't seem the case. Then again I definitely won't have as enough experience as a company.

Honestly I would have easily paid more for better foam, gives me the ease of mind. I was really looking forward to introducing this magnificent piece along with a custom made case for my house party on the 4th of february, unfortunately arh told me the factories are closed tll the 1st? :( Nonetheless I have been very impressed with Arh's service so far. Very fast replies, and he assured me that the replacement piece will be sent via fedex/dhl.

I certainly hope that this replacement will be a smooth transaction. Cause if it is, I'm definitely recommending to my friends more arh pieces as well as getting some more for myself. I really do think that with this piece will be the springboard for you guys!

Arh, feels like it was opened for inspection, although it doesn't seem the case. Then again I definitely won't have as enough experience as a company.

Honestly I would have easily paid more for better foam, gives me the ease of mind. I was really looking forward to introducing this magnificent piece along with a custom made case for my house party on the 4th of february, unfortunately arh told me the factories are closed tll the 1st? :( Nonetheless I have been very impressed with Arh's service so far. Very fast replies, and he assured me that the replacement piece will be sent via fedex/dhl.

I certainly hope that this replacement will be a smooth transaction. Cause if it is, I'm definitely recommending to my friends more arh pieces as well as getting some more for myself. I really do think that with this piece will be the springboard for you guys!

That was the plan, Sideshow took notice. We intended for it to be our flagship piece.

I can say with confidence you will be very happy with our service for your replacement, thank you for your support and giving ARH Studios a try. Dont forget we are just starting out, as a company we have much room to improve. Styro and shipping issues are being assessed for later releases.
I totally understand the nature of the styro, but just like Jerry's Street Fighter statues, we had to go with best available stryo option to be able to make this statue.
Next statues will have the better styro.
Again, thank you for your vote of confidence and your support. Enjoy your new Medusa. I will be in touch with Arahom to get you the replacement as soon as we can.

Alex, how is brittle styro better then the ones we get from likes of SSC or Bowen? If u physically put weight on it (like standing on it), there is no way a brittle styro will protect the content inside it! The support of it will collapse!

Personally if I were u guys, spend a little more on a better styro. Damn I would even pay more for it. I'm gonna tell u, I'm not a fan of them. PCS uses the same brittle foam and they suck. Hope u guys change the styro in the near future.

Alex, how is brittle styro better then the ones we get from likes of SSC or Bowen? If u physically put weight on it (like standing on it), there is no way a brittle styro will protect the content inside it! The support of it will collapse!

Personally if I were u guys, spend a little more on a better styro. Damn I would even pay more for it. I'm gonna tell u, I'm not a fan of them. PCS uses the same brittle foam and they suck. Hope u guys change the styro in the near future.

Yes we are changing to a higher grade stryo, we have heard you guys :lecture
As far as the brittle styro, their whole purpose is so that the styro absorbs the impact and instead of the statue braking, the styro brakes
We had the factory drop test these and it passed the drop test. However it was because of the size and issues with customs we decided to ship them in two containers

:goodpost: I feel the same here, just like pcs's, it can't protect the statue. please have something like sideshow.:pray:

Yes we are changing to a higher grade stryo, we have heard you guys :lecture
As far as the brittle styro, their whole purpose is so that the styro absorbs the impact and instead of the statue braking, the styro brakes
We had the factory drop test these and it passed the drop test. However it was because of the size and issues with customs we decided to ship them in two containers
So how many inches did they drop test it? :p Brittle Styro has way too much air to really do a drop test compared to high quality styro. I almost guarantee if u drop
10 of the same amount of each brittle to quality styro, there will be more breakage on the brittle styro.

Anyways, glad u guys are changing the styro after this.

Back