Statue ARH Conan W/Slave Girl and 8FT Snake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm not out yet. But what price range is the snake going to be, that's the big, scaly question...

Shipping to Australia I'm guessing would absolutely murder me on this as well, but I live in hope...

I don't think it will be too bad .... well I guess since its essentially 2 full size Premium Format statues in 2 separate boxes, it'll be the price of shipping 2 of those :)

Averone after the release of this majestic statue,will you guys do more conan statues down the line?

Averone after the release of this majestic statue,will you guys do more conan statues down the line?

What makes you think it'll be majestic..no one has seen it yet..ARH's previous Conan effort was the most horrendous depiction of Conan in statue form I have ever seen..At least now they commissioned another sculptor to do the head sculpts (looking at the previous ARH Conan statue you can clearly understand why they asked Troy to sculpt the head this time around)...:dunno

arhbarb3.jpg

What makes you think it'll be majestic..no one has seen it yet..ARH's previous Conan effort was the most horrendous depiction of Conan in statue form I have ever seen..At least now they commissioned another sculptor to do the head sculpts (looking at the previous ARH Conan statue you can clearly understand why they asked Troy to sculpt the head this time around)...:dunno

I wasn't a big fan of that piece. Hopefully the snake dio turns out better.

Arh said that it will never be less that 500 for the smaller dio,you guys should be looking at 1k +:thud:

Given the size and amount of extras I'm expecting a high price tag.

Arh said that it will never be less that 500 for the smaller dio,you guys should be looking at 1k +:thud:

Averone is part of ARH so if he says the reg is < $500 I believe him. Of course I figure that's not including shipping.

arhbarb3.jpg

That was actually an unlicensed piece that was generically 'The Barbarian' .....though obviously it was meant to be Conan like.

They got the official license after that statue was produced and decided to officially make it Conan before it went on sale.

I'm not a massive fan of it but its still nice ....not even close to the most horrendous Conan statue ever

That was actually an unlicensed piece that was generically 'The Barbarian' .....though obviously it was meant to be Conan like.

They got the official license after that statue was produced and decided to officially make it Conan before it went on sale.

I'm not a massive fan of it but its still nice ....not even close to the most horrendous Conan statue ever

I can't think of an officially licensed Conan statue that looks worse than this, can you (especially the head sculpt) . Obviously ARH realized there's a problem or they wouldn't have commissioned one of Sideshow's sculptors, Troy McDevitt, to make head sculpts for this upcoming piece :dunno

Like SAB said it was supposed to be a generic barbarian so that's why it doesn't have any one of the defining Conan "looks" to it at all.

I still like it as a piece though i like the angle of the head and how you can't see his eyes, it gives him a dark brooding appearance especially the bloody variant.

If ARH hadn't made this piece Sideshow wouldn't have suggested he got this licensed as an official Conan statue we wouldn't even be talking about this new one....so god bless it for that too ;)

How could it have ever been a "generic barbarian" when it looks almost exactly like the Conan the Barbarian movie poster ?

skulls_-_conan_the_barbarian_poster.jpg
arhs031a-z.jpg

Last edited:
I can't think of an officially licensed Conan statue that looks worse than this, can you (especially the head sculpt) . Obviously ARH realized there's a problem or they wouldn't have commissioned one of Sideshow's sculptors, Troy McDevitt, to make head sculpts for this upcoming piece :dunno

Definitely.
Off the top of my head, the Dynamic Forces Conan was god awful :)

https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/p-C104914.html

Revel in its awfulness, by Crom !

Also I thought the Sideshow 1/6 statue from a while ago was pretty bad....

How could it have ever been a "generic barbarian" when it looks almost exactly like the Conan the Barbarian movie poster ?

well the movie poster being pretty close shows that it's actually decent representation :)

Definitely.
Off the top of my head, the Dynamic Forces Conan was god awful :)

I have to disagree. The DF Conan isn't awful at all, it's pretty much a perfect translation of Alex Ross's Conan art from which it was taken. If you don't like the original art or that interpretation of Conan, that's fine, but there is very little wrong with that sculpt. It is exactly what it should be as a representation of the art in question. And yes, I do own one.

That said, the statue definitely does have some issues though. First up the paint is a bit too orange tinged as far as the skin tone is concerned. And second, and a real mark against it in my book, the weapons are very cheaply done in plastic, and without much detail to boot, which really lets it down and diminishes the overall impact of the piece a good deal.

It's far from a personal favorite, but it's still miles better than the ARH Conan with the misshapen head though, which I found to be a huge thundering disappointment, at least in my opinion anyway. I had been looking forward to it, too. From the neck down that piece is actually perfectly fine, but from the neck up it is just awful in my view. The bland face, the misshapen head, the giant hair helmet, the weird angles of everything at odds with one another. Just completely kills the piece for me. Wish it didn't, because I like everything else and would have purchased it otherwise.

Personally I far prefer the bootleg Marvel inspired Conan ARH did way back in 2006, which I also have, and still enjoy owning to this day (despite some unfortunate breakage issues). And I do look forward to seeing how this next piece turns out with a very keen interest indeed.

I'm a Conan collector above all else, so there's always room for one more quality Conan statue in my collection. Even if I have to get rid of something else to make room. And with Sideshow, ARH and Quarantine all contributing new Conan pieces in the months to come, looks like I'll hit a clean dozen different Conan statues in my collection in the very near future.

Which reminds me, I really need to get some of my prints and posters framed...

Also I thought the Sideshow 1/6 statue from a while ago was pretty bad....

I've been a Conan collector for more years than I care to recount, and I have no idea what you are talking about here. What 1/6 scale Sideshow statue? Do you mean the Quarantine Studios one that Sideshow sold through their site?

well the movie poster being pretty close shows that it's actually decent representation :)

Actually it's more an example of just how close they came to facing a lawsuit, narrowly avoided only by becoming an official Conan licensee. Not that that's any of my business, really.

Besides, more companies making Conan product is nothing but a good thing for us fans in the long run. So ARH's upcoming, hopefully every bit as epic as it sounds, Conan piece will, with a bit of luck, turn out to be as special as it sounds.

Last edited:
Please care and recount your years of experience! :D

I know the specific Alex Ross print its based on (which is great) and don't believe its spot on at all. I've seen them both in person. Its awful.....and the paint makes it even worse.
Both the print and statue pics are easily available online. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks its awful...I remember being very excited on what would be produced from that print and when I saw it ...... eeeewwww :D

You edited before I could look it up and reply. Yes the Quarantine one. Talking about generic barbarians.... face sculpt is better but overall the ARH one is way better IMO. To each their own.

Don't even know how to respond to the lawsuit bit ... so we agree it was pretty close despite it not being licensed, even if not exactly Conan...okay...

Last edited:
I know the specific Alex Ross print its based on (which is great) and don't believe its spot on at all. I've seen them both in person. Its awful.....and the paint makes it even worse.

Both the print and statue pics are easily available online. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks its awful then.

Being easily available is no measure of quality, only popularity. I mean the Hard Hero Kull and Conan pieces can be picked up easily online too, but that doesn't mean they aren't great pieces.

Not that I'm saying the Alex Ross Conan is a great piece, I think it's merely a passable enough one, but I'd still take it any day over the ARH Barbarian for reasons already detailed above.

To each their own, as they say.

Yes the Quarantine one. Talking about generic barbarians.... face sculpt is better but overall the ARH one is way better IMO

Everyone has their own views, but again I can't say I agree personally. I think the sculpt by William Paquet on the Quarantine piece is very good, unfortunately weak and sloppy paints let that piece down a bit, or at least it did on the one I got (which was so badly painted it had to go back). For that reason the Faux bronze version looks better, in my opinion.

The Conan license owners aren't known for being sue happy.

Actually they very much are. Paradox has a reputation as being very litigious indeed when it comes to aggressively protecting their various license holdings. If they catch wind of someone they think is infringing on their licenses you can bet that person or company will catch a cease and desist pretty damn quickly. At best.

wow nice thread..good history lesson about conan statues etc

I don't really give much of a stuff about anything conan before this...apart from my conan arnold pf :lol

but this is sounding epic and I have been saving my money just incase! :hi5:

bring it on ARH

Indeed, I'm very excited to see what ARH have come up with here. Going to be a long few weeks waiting...

In regard to the DF statue, I meant pics of both statue and print are easily available online for people to compare if they wish.
Not that the statue itself is still available due to lack of popularity :D

Not a fan of the Hard Hero pieces either, but as we've said, to each their own.

So far the only piece I've ever thought was must have was the Arnie PF.
And now this year we have 3 upcoming amazing pieces which I honestly think will be the best 3 Conan pieces produced :horror :yess:

Actually they very much are. Paradox has a reputation as being very litigious indeed when it comes to aggressively protecting their various license holdings. If they catch wind of someone they think is infringing on their licenses you can bet that person or company will catch a cease and desist pretty damn quickly. At best.

Really?
I'll take your word for it. Considering how many 'Barbarian' statues there are out there that look 'suspiciously Cimmerian' :D ...I haven't heard of anyone being sued.

Back