Statue ARH Conan W/Slave Girl and 8FT Snake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sounds great, really interested to see some pics.
Any idea on size? Sounds like the full setup is really big.

Did some research since they specifically say it'll be a similar size to the Medusa piece.

Medusa is 25" tall and the base is 24" by 16" :horror:horror

With all the extras, sounds like it could be a Conan piece that will never be topped .....but I guess like other massively huge pieces, you've got to have somewhere to actually put it :D

It sounds mighty impressive. Giant snake sounds cool, giant gorilla on the way...
Would like to see something else like a Pict at some point.
I'd have to pass on size alone, just do not have space for that right now.
Box for this has gotta be enormous too.

It sounds mighty impressive. Giant snake sounds cool, giant gorilla on the way...
Would like to see something else like a Pict at some point.
I'd have to pass on size alone, just do not have space for that right now.
Box for this has gotta be enormous too.

The box won't be too big. ARH mentionned on their Facebook page that they are shipping in two boxes. One box is conan and girl and the other box is snake. Conan and girl is like a large size SSC PF. It only becomes massive if you decide to buy the snake.

The box won't be too big. ARH mentionned on their Facebook page that they are shipping in two boxes. One box is conan and girl and the other box is snake. Conan and girl is like a large size SSC PF. It only becomes massive if you decide to buy the snake.

Yeah ....2boxes ...although its still huge. Essentially it will be 2 full SS PF size boxes....

A possible 2' wide base?! Damn, I'd probably have to buy a new shelf for this one.

I have not seen one started yet but I thought I would start a thread since I know I am highly interested in this upcoming statue from ARH Studios...

Here is the description directly from ARH's FaceBook Page:

From Arahom:
(About the new Conan dio)

" interest will sparkle once I show the first images. Here is just a teasing description

An approximate 8 feet long giant Python snake coming out of the ground in front of Conan, facing him ready to attack. The snake is all around the base and Conan is holding a huge axe above his head ready to strike down the snake.

At Conan feet, there is a beautiful girl kneeling in terror before the snake and screaming for her life all chained up to a stake column. None of the three pieces touch each other, so there is no actually physical interaction between Conan, the snake, and the girl.

The reason for that is simple... We will offer this piece with an optional separate smaller base that you can display Conan and the girl alone without the snake. This will help those with problems with space and guarantee them an opportunity to own this piece and not need an immense space to display it. Conan and the girl alone in a smaller base is still a powerful image to display, but it will take less than half of the necessary space to display the whole thing. The complete diorama has a similar foot print than our Medusa 1/4th

Both heads, Conan and girl were sculpted by Troy McDevitt, and he captured both expressions of terror and furry to perfection! We will offer an special edition sold exclusively through ARH website with tons of extras like two different axes, three different heads for Conan, one with only hair, one with a helmet, and the third with Arnold head band. Also a removable Conan sword that you can actually take out of the scabbard. I will try to cast the sword in real metal if possible.

You guys can trust one thing. I'm putting everything I got into this piece, and I'm sure it has the WOW factor times three!!! It will be expensive, and it will not be for everyone, but for those who buy it, I'm sure there is no Conan made so far that can beat this one!"

Well, I am really wondering this piece but that marketing doesn't sound good! This is the first statue of ARH which they pay licence for it so why are they starting with a big piece like that? If I am not rich enough, I guess I am one of those collectors whom will not able to buy, right? It is not the right time for ARH to make the border that bold with their first licence statue but I hope they know what they are doing...

Well, I am really wondering this piece but that marketing doesn't sound good! This is the first statue of ARH which they pay licence for it so why are they starting with a big piece like that? If I am not rich enough, I guess I am one of those collectors whom will not able to buy, right? It is not the right time for ARH to make the border that bold with their first licence statue but I hope they know what they are doing...

Well like you said as their first statue for a lisenced product scare off people with the big size and big price it will hurt sales,and probably the license,they don't want to sell 75-100 but in the hundreds to at least guarantee further conan products

There are a lot of Conan statues coming out this year from multiple companies (including more well known established ones like SS)
Its great they're doing something ballsy and different.

And they've already said there will be a more standard size version for those that don't want or can't pay a fortune (or just don't have room).
so what exactly is the problem?

There are a lot of Conan statues coming out this year from multiple companies (including more well known established ones like SS)
Its great they're doing something ballsy and different.

And they've already said there will be a more standard size version for those that don't want or can't pay a fortune (or just don't have room).
so what exactly is the problem?

I think they didn't say only some people can own it! Let the product says it or sells itself. There is no need to make a statement like that in my opinion. Further if they continue to enlarge the line of Conan so why do they start with the biggest or the spectacular one?

Width I can handle.. it the depth that hurts.

stash-1-510cb7ab1ee68.gif

Seriously though, as far as affordability, I would assume anyone who normally buys $300+ statues could afford at least Conan and the girl and maybe buy the snake later on? If they are really selling it in separate pieces that is.

Hi guys
I noticed this thread was opened. Very excited to hear what you may be thinking.
For the most part your all right. It's something special alright. I wish I could show you. But we are not exactly ready to show it, just yet.
Reading along, I see you got a few things wrong.
We have had again issues with size of statues, and since most of our shipping is overseas we had to come up with some new methods of making epic/grand statues.
This means coming up with new ideas. One idea was to make a statue with a smaller base, the Conan, the girl. It has enough wow factor to push it forward of the pack.
The alternate (EX) will have both the mentioned above statue/base and a new grand base with the snake going through it.
Those who want to have this epic dynamic base will spend more to have it, but not all will want that or have room/money, so they just buy the first box.
What makes it unique is that you can add the snake later. But it will be more limited in production so you want to decide this up front if you can.
I've known Arahom for a long time and I must admit, this is his very best work to date. Yes I think it's as good as Medusa we did, and one epic Conan. Less than 40 days till NYCC, you can tell me what you think.

Hi guys
I noticed this thread was opened. Very excited to hear what you may be thinking.
For the most part your all right. It's something special alright. I wish I could show you. But we are not exactly ready to show it, just yet.
Reading along, I see you got a few things wrong.
We have had again issues with size of statues, and since most of our shipping is overseas we had to come up with some new methods of making epic/grand statues.
This means coming up with new ideas. One idea was to make a statue with a smaller base, the Conan, the girl. It has enough wow factor to push it forward of the pack.
The alternate (EX) will have both the mentioned above statue/base and a new grand base with the snake going through it.
Those who want to have this epic dynamic base will spend more to have it, but not all will want that or have room/money, so they just buy the first box.
What makes it unique is that you can add the snake later. But it will be more limited in production so you want to decide this up front if you can.
I've known Arahom for a long time and I must admit, this is his very best work to date. Yes I think it's as good as Medusa we did, and one epic Conan. Less than 40 days till NYCC, you can tell me what you think.

What did we get wrong?

What did we get wrong?

You didn't understand correctly the meaning of Arahoms words
That you get (2) unique display bases if you get both boxes :)
(The regular has a small base, the ex with a snake comes with bigger base). So you can change up your display options.

Another thing, you have multiple heads and axes/ and a sword display option that may be included with the Ex

You didn't understand correctly the meaning of Arahoms words
That you get (2) unique display bases if you get both boxes :)
(The regular has a small base, the ex with a snake comes with bigger base). So you can change up your display options.

Another thing, you have multiple heads and axes/ and a sword display option that may be included with the Ex

Psssst... All of that stuff was previously mentioned m8

Back