ARE YOU PART OF THE GREY HULK EXCLUSIVE HIGH ROLLERS CLUB? IF SO, COME ON IN!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BDboystoys said:
this is sort a dumb question to Hulk fans but, why is he grey? Is it something special in the comics? Enlighten me!

The Hulk was gray in the first 6 issues of the comics way back at the beginning in the early sixties. I think he has also been gray since then once or twice.

I do believe that the official pic of Grey Hulk has simply been photoshopped. Compare the two and you will see the exact same bits of glare from the lights (on his bicep and arm vein), etc. as the green pic. They are an exact match to each other in every detail. Looks like they just adjusted it and filtered the green out of the shot. How close will that shade of grey be to the actual product, which we seem not to be looking at?

hulks8sg.jpg

lcummins said:
The Hulk was gray in the first 6 issues of the comics way back at the beginning in the early sixties. I think he has also been gray since then once or twice.

thanks! its a lovely piece, when did spidey vs hulk?

BDboystoys said:
thanks! its a lovely piece, when did spidey vs hulk?

Hmmm? I think they've fought a few times over the years. As someone said in another thread (I think it was Dave), the Hulk has fought almost everyone in the Marvel universe at one time or another.

lcummins said:
Hmmm? I think they've fought a few times over the years. As someone said in another thread (I think it was Dave), the Hulk has fought almost everyone in the Marvel universe at one time or another.

From the diorama web page: "First trading blows in the Amazing Spider-Man #14, these two have met many times in their 40 plus year careers."

thanks again! I really want one of these Dioramas. I would be a dream if they ever got a DC license, Batman and Superman are my favourite characters ever. Batman especially, Imagine...Batman vs the Joker!

BDboystoys said:
Batman and Superman are my favourite characters ever. Batman especially, Imagine...Batman vs the Joker!

No, really, Batman's your favorite character. Never would have guessed it from your signature. :rolleyes:

anybody know why it would cost $25 more just to paint Hulk a different color?

The extra money is actually for the special T-shirt which will be included with each diorama, which says:

"PROUD MEMBER OF THE GREY HULK EXCLUSIVE HIGH ROLLERS CLUB."

:joy

Well Sideshow has now sunk to new lows. They have shown a complete lack of respect for everyone outside the US. While this was being posted i was in bed like most working people in Europe. What sort of trick is this to start moving ordering from friday nite to thursday nite. It sucks big time. Maybe they will increase the grey hulks like they have with all other exclusives.:rolleyes:

Bullseye said:
Maybe they will increase the grey hulks like they have with all other exclusives.:rolleyes:

,,no ,,since this one was not the only exclusive,,; i missed it too,..but i'm happy for the ppl that got one,,. and hope sideshow keep their word this time,..and keep it at 50.. :cool:

Bullseye said:
Well Sideshow has now sunk to new lows. They have shown a complete lack of respect for everyone outside the US. While this was being posted i was in bed like most working people in Europe. What sort of trick is this to start moving ordering from friday nite to thursday nite. It sucks big time. Maybe they will increase the grey hulks like they have with all other exclusives.:rolleyes:

Dude......I live in the UK & I got one........just depends on how hardcore you are :D

Just a thought........am I the only european collector to get this piece?

Last edited:
pitchin said:
Dude......I live in the UK & I got one........just depends on how hardcore you are :D

Just a tought........am I the only european collector to get this piece?

I'm glad you were up at 4.00am to buy this. Sideshow still owes an explaination.

lcummins said:
If I remember correctly, they were forced to change Hulks colour because the printers were having too many problems printing the original grey - hence the early change to green, and no doubt THE reason for the super exclusivity of this piece!! :horror

Congrats to all that got this piece, I'm also on the wait list but not holding much hope. The pre-order opening for these pieces was actually much better than the usual Friday 10am (5am) time for us Aussies. If only I had a clue, and was on the computer when it happened... :confused: :sick :duh :angelsmil

The Gray Hulk is now listed at #4 on Sideshows most popular products list and the page is showing it to be SOLD OUT - no more wait list!

Anyone want to start a "high rollers wait list club" thread? :D

well I logged in just in time. There were less than 5 left according to the meter. I refreshed the page a few times while thinkin and it was still there. Then I thought "But I dont collect Marvel ....... but I used to ...... only 50!? I gotta order one right? .......flip? ...." then I recalled a thread on a guy debating cancelling his Exc Han order or flipping the piece and Andy posted "Why dont you just cancel your order and let someone on the wait list who really wants one pic it up?" .... and with that state of mind, I closed the page and went to bed.
I just hope nobody bought this just to flip. Cause that wouldnt be flippin sweet.
I can only hope the karma gods will shine on me somewhere else. :confused:

Jesseawilson said:
Here we go again with the time zones......................

Jesse

I don't think the time zones are the real issue; they need to set a standard time for releasing the newsletter so everyone has a fair chance to get online and see it at the same time. Otherwise, it really is no different than the old way when a pre-order went up "sometime" during the day Friday.

Back