ARE YOU PART OF THE GREY HULK EXCLUSIVE HIGH ROLLERS CLUB? IF SO, COME ON IN!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always wondered why the spelling of "gray" when referring to The Hulk was "grey". Isn't "grey" the British spelling of "gray"?

Bodie The Cursed said:
I got no email.. I cant find where to order.. HELP!! WAHHHH!!!

Bodie, you know that you can read your newsletter online now right? We put up a new post on the main page when the newsletter gets posted:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com

And we have a banner link at the top that will link you to your newsletter log-in page - don't forget to update your preferences to include all the licenses and topics you're interested in reading about! (this goes for everyone who still doesn't realize that it's as simple as pie to get your newsletters online now!) :duff

Congrats to those collectors who were quick on their feet and payed attention to the clues and got the order in for the gray version! :banana

Glad I scored a Gray Hulk. Been tracking this thing for what feels like a while.

How's that? I hadn't heard a thing about this before I saw the preview last week. Where was this discussed before then? Must have missed it.

tomandshell said:
How's that? I hadn't heard a thing about this before I saw the preview last week. Where was this discussed before then? Must have missed it.

Not the Gray variant itself but the developments of the statue since it was announced. It's been like 2 weeks of intrigue, excitement, leaked pictures and now this. :D

SolidLiquidFox said:
Not the Gray variant itself but the developments of the statue since it was announced. It's been like 2 weeks of intrigue, excitement, leaked pictures and now this. :D

Oh, got it. I've been looking forward to this to since I saw the preview. I have been waiting for Sideshow to do something with their Spider-Man rights!

(Yes, I know about the Green Goblin.)

wookilar8 said:
I've always wondered why the spelling of "gray" when referring to The Hulk was "grey". Isn't "grey" the British spelling of "gray"?

Grey or gray (the latter more usually in American English) is a color seen commonly in nature. It is created by mixing white and black in different proportions. Depending on the amount of light, the human eye can interpret the same object as either grey or some other color.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey
:)

wookilar8 said:
To my understanding those were giveaways not for sale, right?

Took me a while to find these. Enjoy!

Morbid_Monster_Contest.JPG

SSE_Son_Contest.JPG

wookilar8 said:
Pretty sneaky of Sideshow to pre-order these today without any notice of it what so ever. Next to Silver Screen Edition Son Of Frankenstein is this the next smallest edition size?

Don't forget the Santi with Bomb was a 100 edition size.

LOTRSWfan said:
I am shocked there are none on ebay yet :horror

You know, I am not surprised there aren't any. It caught EVERYONE by surprise including scalpers. These things actually did go out to the few hardcore Sideshow fans that were lucky enough to grab them.

I won't be flipping mine. Just the bragging rights of owning this piece out of 50 of us is worth it to me. Let alone how awesome it will display next to the other two dioramas.

At least those of you that missed out and have been reading this for a few hours are aware of this statue. Imagine those collectors that log on in the morning unassumingly just checking on the Aragorn preorder and find this... :horror

The disorientation of early in the morning when missing out is the worst. It will be one Friday the 13th to remember. :banghead

Off to bed now...catch you guys on the Aragorn rush tomorrow.

Hey, I'll throw this out now... if any board member who ordered a Gray decide they don't want it down the line, or can't afford it, I'll take it! Keep me in mind and I'll be willing to work out something!

So did anybody save a copy of the artwork of the Gray Hulk link to your hard drive? I would like a copy of the little Hulk head with the "Wouldn't it be coool" caption as a memento of this big day, but I didn't think to save it befre it went away. Anybody have a copy to post? I checked my temp files but it wasn't there.

I won't be flipping mine. Just the bragging rights of owning this piece out of 50 of us is worth it to me. Let alone how awesome it will display next to the other two dioramas.

Unless this statue does a GG 2004 Holiday sandtrooper bust and sell for $3000 - $5000 each. :sick

I know I can be bought :naughty Come to think of it...anyone have a Holiday bust to trade, Ill go straight accross :google

Greedo said:
Unless this statue does a GG 2004 Holiday sandtrooper bust and sell for $3000 - $5000 each. :sick

I know I can be bought :naughty Come to think of it...anyone have a Holiday bust to trade, Ill go straight accross :google

Do you really think it might go for that much? I can't even fathom that....

But if it does.......

:banana PEANUT BUTTA JELLY! PEANUT BUTTA JELLY! PEANUT BUTTA JELLY!

By the way, anybody know why it would cost $25 more just to paint Hulk a different color?

Maybe I can start a controversy and get some people to cancel in protest! :wacky

lcummins said:
By the way, anybody know why it would cost $25 more just to paint Hulk a different color?

Maybe I can start a controversy and get some people to cancel in protest! :wacky

Hmm. Now that you mention it...

Naahhh... I don't mind. I would have paid $350 if I had to. I literally couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that edition size!

What!!!!

$25 more!!! Im selling! Thats extortion on another ungodly level:horror

Trade ya for a BMW???
Anyone?

:devil

this is sort a dumb question to Hulk fans but, why is he grey? Is it something special in the comics? Enlighten me!

Back