Are the HT 14" Predator model kits cool or no?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you can find the Celtic mask separately(Which means all you'd have to do is take off the skull rigging and switch out the mask with your Chopper Pred, and you'd basically have a Celtic Predator right there).
I was under the impression Celtic had a unique weapon ( the net throwing doo-dah) . By the way p!tu , don't know whether you caught my earlier post , but try
https://www.modelzone.co.uk/foyer.jsp;jsessionid=3533EBD643DD111BE58458CABD755204
It's a U.K model chain , but I know they have at least 1 Scar in stock in their Manchester branch at £139.99. Shipping might send the price through the roof , but you never know! Worth a try ?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help! man!!!! to bad i dont have $$$$ But thanks!!!!!!!!!

Jedi Knight_Rob said:
Unless you can find the Celtic mask separately(Which means all you'd have to do is take off the skull rigging and switch out the mask with your Chopper Pred, and you'd basically have a Celtic Predator right there).
I was under the impression Celtic had a unique weapon ( the net throwing doo-dah) .

The net launcher is in the wrist armor(Though not sculpted on the HT Celtic's wrist armor), and is pretty much standard to all Predators.

The only one of them that was alittle bit more unique was Scar, he was the only one who had abdomen armor(Which I guess, can compare to the uniqueness of Chopper's skull rig) in the movie, the other's didn't.

The net launcher is in the wrist armor(Though not sculpted on the HT Celtic's wrist armor), and is pretty much standard to all Predators.

The only one of them that was alittle bit more unique was Scar, he was the only one who had abdomen armor(Which I guess, can compare to the uniqueness of Chopper's skull rig) in the movie, the other's didn't.

I don't own a Chopper yet but from images, I know he has a left wrist detonator gauntlet.
I do own all the rest, and Celtic's wrist gauntlet is unique to him and him alone.

Had to throw in here, glad to see some good advice is shared here.
To repeat and expound, DO GET PREDS. Worth the money. Celtic is one of the best. Go for one. All are cool though. I prefer the Elders myself, and the AVP one is nice, and the upcoming one is just...well...it speaks for itself doesn't it. :D
Glad to have any new Hot Toys Aliens/Predators buyers aboard. Water's warm. Come on in! :mexwave
More to come I am sure!

I don't own a Chopper yet but from images, I know he has a left wrist detonator gauntlet.
I do own all the rest, and Celtic's wrist gauntlet is unique to him and him alone.

Yeah, you're right. Just checked out the images of the gauntlet, my bad.:eek: It looks like the net gun kind of comes loose from the rest of the wrist piece, though, so it might just be an extended piece?:confused:

So HTs made 3 different left gauntlets(The detonator ones that came with Chopper, Scar and Elder. The ones with the two wrist blades that come with the two Ancients and the net one that comes with Celtic)?

Interesting.

Yeah, you're right. Just checked out the images of the gauntlet, my bad.:eek: It looks like the net gun kind of comes loose from the rest of the wrist piece, though, so it might just be an extended piece?:confused:

So HTs made 3 different left gauntlets(The detonator ones that came with Chopper, Scar and Elder. The ones with the two wrist blades that come with the two Ancients and the net one that comes with Celtic)?

Interesting.

Yep that's it.
But if you want to get reeeealy nitpicky; both Scar(s) and Elder Preds have no holes in the bottom of their gauntlets for those big ass gauntlet knives, and Chopper is the only one with a detonator gauntlet that has the holes for the big ass knives. :eek:
Oh, and all gauntlets are based on a two piece system, with the Wrist blades, Detonator, and net launcher all separate pieces that are glued on top of the main gauntlet piece.

Last edited:
Yep that's it.
But if you want to get reeeealy nitpicky; both Scar(s) and Elder Preds have no holes in the bottom of their gauntlets for those big ass gauntlet knives, and Chopper is the only one with a detonator gauntlet that has the holes for the big ass knives. :eek:
Oh, and all gauntlets are based on a two piece system, with the Wrist blades, Detonator, and net launcher all separate pieces that are glued on top of the main gauntlet piece.
Meh, never really cared for the big gauntlet knives. For some reason they just look ridiculous.

Was guessing that, myself. Though it confuses me, since if Celtic was in a position that he had to commit Nuclear Suicide, how would he be able to do it if he had no detonator device?:confused:

Probably another plot hole left by that idiot Paul Anderson...

Ok, i know they look awesome, but how limited is their posibility? every pred i've ever seen is allmost allways in the same pose. Just standing there. Granted they Look impressive as hell just standing there. So, how well do their legs move? Can they sit? can the kneel, can they crouch and look asif they are about to launch themselves onto unsuspecting prey? anyone want to pose their preds and post some pics so we can see? Personaly, this is going to be the dealmaker/breaker for me.

Ok, i know they look awesome, but how limited is their posibility? every pred i've ever seen is allmost allways in the same pose. Just standing there. Granted they Look impressive as hell just standing there. So, how well do their legs move? Can they sit? can the kneel, can they crouch and look asif they are about to launch themselves onto unsuspecting prey? anyone want to pose their preds and post some pics so we can see? Personaly, this is going to be the dealmaker/breaker for me.

Thats a very good point and something I hadnt even realized untill now. Yeah all the pics I have seen of the HT Preds are in identical and rather boring poses. So what is the posability really like on these given that they are such bulky figures?

Well damn, the predator 2 pred sold out on the SSc site, So i jumped on the waitlist, and pre-ordered the Elder from predator 2 ( those two were the first preds I ever saw.) I may cancel them based on what I hear about articulation though.

The bodies are fantasticly articulated. The AvP armor is not. Also Scar and Celtic have weak shoulders -- a problem they solved in the future bodies. Now the P2 Preds have different armor, esp. in their all important shoulders and leg areas. We'll see how this affects their poses.

The Preds do hold different poses, but the AvP Preds look best in their arms by their side positions, IMO. Here's some "action" shots. There's better ones taken by better photographers than me deep in the monsterous Official Predator thread.

This should be helpful Lerath666.These are NOT my pics, I found them on the official predator thread..and kudos to whoever took these pics.

I have no idea how to post pictures directly on the forum..so here..hope this works.

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4578.jpg

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4762.jpg

IMG_4768.jpg

Last edited:
I believe those are Edwint's pictures.
They're as poseable as the other Hot Toys bodies, but the net body suit limits the poseability more then the body armor.
Those net suits are hand made, so no one is like another. I've had a few that were nice and loose, and more then a few that were extremely tight. It's a crapshoot on which you'll get. And that's the biggest headache when assembling these, if you get one with a tight body suit, be prepared to pull your hair out trying to pull it over the figure.

That said, it's also one of the more remarkable aspects of these figures. The whole suit is hand woven to the shape of the base body. That is, the only seams are at the wrist, ankle, and neck/back openings.

It's right now unknown if the Predator 2 figures will be improved in this regard.
This is my Celtic and the regular Scar back when I first got them. Celtic has one of the tighter net suits and this is about as far as I could push the articulation without tearing the suit or breaking the body.
picture297hn8.jpg

picture296mn4.jpg

I believe those are Edwint's pictures.
They're as poseable as the other Hot Toys bodies, but the net body suit limits the poseability more then the body armor.
Those net suits are hand made, so no one is like another. I've had a few that were nice and loose, and more then a few that were extremely tight. It's a crapshoot on which you'll get. And that's the biggest headache when assembling these, if you get one with a tight body suit, be prepared to pull your hair out trying to pull it over the figure.

That said, it's also one of the more remarkable aspects of these figures. The whole suit is hand woven to the shape of the base body. That is, the only seams are at the wrist, ankle, and neck/back openings.

It's right now unknown if the Predator 2 figures will be improved in this regard.
This is my Celtic and the regular Scar back when I first got them. Celtic has one of the tighter net suits and this is about as far as I could push the articulation without tearing the suit or breaking the body.
picture297hn8.jpg

picture296mn4.jpg

That's right. I forgot about the netting. I must be lucky though. My guys all have netting that's pretty forgiving.

P!tu's right. Celtic's looking a bit Sean Penn in the second shot. :rotfl

Back