Aragorn VS Uruk-Hai Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if I like it or not to be honest...I'll wait for collector's pictures to make a final decision.

Leaning towards a PASS.

I like the Uruks alot. Just not crazy about Aragorn, to be honest.

He still looks off and was never Viggo from the proto and his likeness has yet to be captured perfectly.(Until a PF:lol) He will look 100% better with in hand photos though.

Cancelled as well! Just can't get over that dumbfounded look on Aragorn's face. Besides, there is no excl. [a second head for Aragorn, with an actual expression on his face would have been nice] and I can get it for cheaper should I change my mind.

Cancelled as well! Just can't get over that dumbfounded look on Aragorn's face. Besides, there is no excl. [a second head for Aragorn, with an actual expression on his face would have been nice] and I can get it for cheaper should I change my mind.

If SS ever released a lotr statue with an exclusive or a second head, I would get rid of any statues from that particular line and never waste a penny on them again. They're statues, not toys.

And Agent, YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

If SS ever released a lotr statue with an exclusive or a second head, I would get rid of any statues from that particular line and never waste a penny on them again. They're statues, not toys.

And Agent, YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Are the SS marvel statue's and dio's with interchangeable heads toys??? I'm not quite sure what your definition of a toy is but since I don't spend time sitting on the floor playing with my statues and busts I have to assume their not toys...but thanks for reminding me they're statues.:rotfl
I for one would gladly love to have a second head for Aragorn, one that realistically portrays and captures the moment. He's not strolling in the park or contemplating life, he's fighting for his life and the expression [or should I say lack of] is, IMO, laughable. :D

Looked good to me in July. The look fits the piece I think when you see it in person.

You could be right as I have not yet seen this piece in person. Other than that one issue I have, I really like this dio, including the likeness of Viggo, which I think is better than anything we've previously seen.

You could be right as I have not yet seen this piece in person. Other than that one issue I have, I really like this dio, including the likeness of Viggo, which I think is better than anything we've previously seen.

It looks a lot better in person all around even the likeness of Viggo which is pretty good really. Outside of the Elessar statue and the GG Bust its the next best likeness IMO.

It looks a lot better in person all around even the likeness of Viggo which is pretty good really. Outside of the Elessar statue and the GG Bust its the next best likeness IMO.

When you saw it at CC was it larger than you expected? Frodo and Gollum are sooo small but this thing looks like it is huge.

I still think that this wasn't the best scene to represent Helm's Deep. Helm's Deep is by far my favorite part of TT, and there's nothing about this piece that draws me back into the film. At least Frodo vs. Gollum made sense given the implications of the outcome. Aragorn vs. the Wraiths at Weathertop, or even Aragorn vs. Uruks at Amon-Hen, is still a more iconic scene with Aragorn than this piece is.

I like the sculpt of the Uruks, but I agree that Aragorn's expression really takes away from this piece's overall impact. It looks like he's sleeping through the battle. Two dios released so far and two passes. My eyes now are on the Eagle/Fellbeast.

When you saw it at CC was it larger than you expected? Frodo and Gollum are sooo small but this thing looks like it is huge.

It was a lot bigger than I expected but its smaller than the Obi-Wan vs Anakin. This doesn't have the biggest footprint but its really pretty good size. I honestly feel this is going to surprise some people with just how nice it is.

I still think that this wasn't the best scene to represent Helm's Deep. Helm's Deep is by far my favorite part of TT, and there's nothing about this piece that draws me back into the film. At least Frodo vs. Gollum made sense given the implications of the outcome. Aragorn vs. the Wraiths at Weathertop, or even Aragorn vs. Uruks at Amon-Hen, is still a more iconic scene with Aragorn than this piece is.

I like the sculpt of the Uruks, but I agree that Aragorn's expression really takes away from this piece's overall impact. It looks like he's sleeping through the battle. Two dios released so far and two passes. My eyes now are on the Eagle/Fellbeast

I suspect alot of people are looking forward to this one!

I have to say...I just checked out the press imagery (not the ones on their site, but the ones in their press room) and in high res, the likeness to Viggo is actually VERY good.

While he isn't showing a whole heck of a lot of emotion in the pic, he sure looks a heck of a lot like Aragorn.

I LOVE the Uruks in the piece...they look amazing.

Not passing on this one...

Geb

I'm looking forward to the Eagle/Fellbeast well but not more than someday when they do the GTG vs Balrog.

I agree Geb the press images really show some nice stuff about this piece. The one thing with the expression is looks determined and I believe if it was a moving pieces the next step would be more of an angry expression. I kind of like it this way because you get a chance to see the determination of the events that are going on.

I don't have access to the press room, but I have to say that, after looking at the new productions pics that customers can see, I'm more glad that I passed on this one.

I see three problems that I just can't get past. 1) Aragorn's head is too large. 2) His head is at the wrong angle for such a battle depiction. It looks too quizzical. And 3) while there may be 'determination' in the expression of his jaw, his eyes have no expression at all. He doesn't look grimly determined, he looks detached, almost distracted.

Sorry if others don't see it that way, but I do, and I doubt very much that seeing it in person would make any difference. All that would do is trigger the compulsive "gotta have it" response, but that doesn't mean the problems would be any less visible.

Back