Aragorn...fixable...where's my dremel?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh, I think the flaw in this concept is- if you have the skill to 'fix' this and make it look like the second photo, you're better off just sculpting your own from the ground up.

TheObsoleteMan said:
The likeness in that middle pic is absolutely dead-on, period.

It certainly is much better, the only thing that remains would be the bottom lip size, it appears a tad too thin. Wonderful work daelith, now of course the transfer to life may prove more difficult. :cool:

jlcmsu said:
In your opinion.:peace
It's the majority opinion. ;)
The middle picture has much more of Viggo's facial features present. Maybe the head is just slightly too wide but it's soooo much closer then Sideshow's representation.
Great work Daelith! But you might have less of a hassle adapting the Hot Toys Viggo head sculpt ito Aragorn then the Sideshow one.

screamingmetal said:
The middle picture has much more of Viggo's facial features present. Maybe the head is just slightly too wide but it's soooo much closer then Sideshow's representation.
Great work Daelith! But you might have less of a hassle adapting the Hot Toys Viggo head sculpt ito Aragorn then the Sideshow one.

Hmm, good idea...anybody got an extra Hot Toys Viggo head I can borrow? Just need him to create a quick mold. Then again, the resemblance is good enough where all you really need is a good paint job...so Rick...got some time on your hands?

screamingmetal said:

:D Certainly is. I visited 4 boards yesterday and read the same sorts of comments from the majority. The sculpt needs work.

The unpainted Hot Toys sculpt definitely kicks butt.

It seems SS likes to give all the figures a "tan". Same with Han Solo, the paint on the face is always like the character came out of a tanning Salon.

daelith said:
Hmm, good idea...anybody got an extra Hot Toys Viggo head I can borrow? Just need him to create a quick mold. Then again, the resemblance is good enough where all you really need is a good paint job...so Rick...got some time on your hands?

Bring it!! :D

I knew I recognized that actor...

aragorn-rossi.jpg

It's Robert Walden (All the President's Men, Lou Grant, Brothers) after getting caught in the rain...:D

Fixing Aragorn??

Ooo! Ooo! I wanna play too!

12incharagornedits4nq.jpg

Yeah, no disrespect intended to the sculptor (I'm VERY well aware that sculpting something in 3D and doing some Photoshopping are two TOTALLY different things) but in all fairness it's already easily in the top five Aragorn sculpts we've seen . . . and we've seen a lot.

I think one main thing is the beard/stubble isn't nearly as pronounced as it should be, which is probably just be a matter of paint apps. The guy looks practically clean-shaven!

EDIT: I guess I should post a side-by-side for the heck of it.

aragorncomparison0zg.jpg

Last edited:
Darklord Dave said:
Actually the middle pic the head is too compressed compared to the pic of Viggo. The lips are too thin as well. I think this exercise did show that it just may be the shadows on the sculpt that are causing people to miss the resemblance.

Dave...What are you smokin' dude??:D There is no way you can just put it down to "lighting"...and if you pick on Daelith's middle picture.....You must REALLY have issues with the SS picture then, because, as most on this thread have stated, the middle one is WWWAAAYYYY closer to Viggo..:peace

jlcmsu said:
I think it's real simple then. Don't like it. Don't buy it.

I'm glad you aren't in the public relations business JL..:rolleyes: ...because part of dealing with the public...is LISTENING to them...And while I know your opinion is that the SS 12' Aragorn ROCKS....I would say about 7/10 on this board, including me say it could be BETTER....Just constructive criticism..It's up to SS whether they want to listen or not..:peace

It would be interesting to know...If SS said.."We don't give a S--T, what the majority of you think...that's what we're putting out, like it or lump it.."..

Would that attitude P-SS you off??? It kinda would to me.

Back